Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will Netflix come to the Thunderbolt?

I know there is a similar, albiet older, thread with some debate about this. But rather than re-open and derail/hijack an old thread, I am creating a new one presenting the information that I have discovered thus far.

My brother recently got a Thunderbolt and it is loving it; however the one thing that is keeping him from getting rid of his iPod Touch is Netflix. He is currently is the 15 day return window (and the 12th, which is the rumored LG Revolution Launch date, will be also).

From what I have gathered regarding the Thunderbolt vs Revolution specs they have the same processors (see: Revolution Specs and Thunderbolt Specs). One thing that I have been unable to find the answer to is the question if the Processor is the limiting factor is what devices will be able to run Netflix. If not I suppose the issue would boil down to which feature is more desirable between the two phones, Netflix or Sense.

Does anyone know if this is the case or has seen a response from Verizon/Netflix on this issue?

With Blockbuster pre-installed? Probably not for a while.

Not officially, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone figures out how to do it.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

i hope it does. Does anyone subscribe to blockbuster?

Everyone i know has netflix. Why do they put such garbage on these phones. If you put the things people want on the phones they will pay fir it!

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

What's this "blockbuster"?
    -SoDev
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I cancelled my Netflix over a year ago. I'll sign up again when it comes to my phone! Please hurry. Want to watch Lost last season!

I'm really hoping this comes out soon my self. But since there never really seems to be any explanation on why it's not already here I have a bad feeling about it. Some agreement somewhere has it held up. And if it's blockbuster or what ever, someone shoot that company and put it out of all of our misery.
    Thanked by:

If Blockbuster is the reason Netflix is being held up than thats almost as big a fail as having Bing as out default search.
    Thanked by:

Check out Jetflix if you're in need of a tv/moview streaming app. Idk how good it is, but it has gotten good reviews.

lol Jetflix

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by iastonish View Post
    Check out Jetflix if you're in need of a tv/moview streaming app. Idk how good it is, but it has gotten good reviews.

lol Jetflix
    That's nuts... I want to be able to watch it on TV and my comp. for $10 a month. If I was going to by that I'd just pay for PLayOn and use it.

The reviews are great though... and I could hook my phone to tv through PS3.... damn, stupid Netflix.
    -SoDev
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Netflix isn't a deal breaker for me. It would be nice, but the screen isn't big enough to watch a bunch of stuff on. Its fine for YouTube videos, but I couldn't imagine watching an entire movie on my phone. I mean, the battery is ok to begin with, I don't even wanna know how fast it would die while watching a movie.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    I cancelled my Netflix over a year ago. I'll sign up again when it comes to my phone! Please hurry. Want to watch Lost last season!
    How could you possibly watch lost and not see the last season yet?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Because I was watching it using Netflix! Before the last season was released I cancelled Netflix!

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Don't you want to know what happens lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Yes! But I have to wait for Netflix! Lol. No PC, not buying it, and no rental places here. So I'm ready for Netflix on Tbolt!

I'll be honest, since HBO GO was launched, I haven't even given movies on my device a second thought. There is SOO much great content I can't even begin to watch it all.

I've almost finished the first season of The Sopranos. I even watched an episode today at a doctors visit over 3G with no buffering!
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

You have to subscribe to HBO though, right? Through your cable provider?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    You have to subscribe to HBO though, right? Through your cable provider?
    Yeah you have to be subscribed thru cable or DirecTV.

I've been subscribed to HBO tho since the 80's so this was a nice perk

In response to my tweet: when can I watch Netflix on my #htc #thunderbolt
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by zenocide17 View Post
    ... One thing that I have been unable to find the answer to is the question if the Processor is the limiting factor is what devices will be able to run Netflix. ...
    According to this Qualcomm guy at MWC, the issue is whether or not HTC opted to install the correct DRM keys and libraries into the ARM Trust Zone of the processor. HTC won't answer this question.

Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    According to this Qualcomm guy at MWC, the issue is whether or not HTC opted to install the correct DRM keys and libraries into the ARM Trust Zone of the processor. HTC won't answer this question.

Can we (root users) add those later?

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

I would certainly be bummed if TB doesn't get Netflix love ...even though it won't be some kind of a dealbreaker, I will still love my TB. I currently use a few apps like TV Shows Stream, Movie Streamer (both from the same developer), Watch Movies Now, etc but nothing beats Netflix.

And, speaking of LOST, I did not like the end of the final season. And J.J.Abram's current series Fringe also seems to be going down the same way. The writers are adding so many twists and turns that they will have a hard time coming up with a good ending.
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Can we (root users) add those later?
    Doubtful. But we do not know for sure they aren't there. Time will tell.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    I would certainly be bummed if TB doesn't get Netflix love ...even though it won't be some kind of a dealbreaker, I will still love my TB. I currently use a few apps like TV Shows Stream, Movie Streamer (both from the same developer), Watch Movies Now, etc but nothing beats Netflix.

And, speaking of LOST, I did not like the end of the final season. And J.J.Abram's current series Fringe also seems to be going down the same way. The writers are adding so many twists and turns that they will have a hard time coming up with a good ending.
    Does your battery overheat when watching these? I watched 40 minutes of The Amazing Race and my battery overheated. Haven't tried using WiFi though, only 3G.

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

I watch over 3G most of the times myself and haven't experienced any significant overheating. Sometimes it becomes a little wamer than usual but then it cools down by itself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast