maybe this is useful info

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I had a good experience with verizon today over the thunderbolt. I am genuinely hoping that this will help some folks that are struggling with thiers as I was with mine. So anyhow, back in mar when i got my thunderbolt on release day it thought it was an amazing phone. Then i recieved that dreaded update push and then my issues started. I began to have random power cycles but mainly at night oddly between 11pm and midnight. After a few weeks of it i called verizon and they gladly sent me a replacement but when i recieved it i noticed right away that the screen bezel wasn't glued down in the bottom right corner. It also recieved the software push as soon as i got it activated and rebooted a few times. This in mind i called verizon again and they sent me another replacement but this one came with hardware version 2 and it had the updated firmware preinstalled. It also had a serial number starting with HT15 and the last 4 of the part number was 001 A as opposed to 00 xd. This phone seemed to work really well but sadly yesterday it rebooted in the middle of a phone call and then again in an hour or so later.

Out of nowhere i was contaced by verizon today in lieu of the newest reboots. I was told apparently HTC is asking to verizon to collect serial numbers from offending devices so they can narrow down a possible bad batch. The verizon rep said that with this info HTC will begin to work a new update to fix this issue after they finish the one they are currently working to fix that battery life issue.

I asked the rep what my option were considering the cost to verizon to oover night replacement devices and also pay for return service and he said well we could send another tbolt or if my device was eligible they would buy it back under the trade in program and even though I had tbolts for a period of three months i still qualified. Now I am waiting for an envolope to return the phone back to verizon and when they recieve it i will be getting a verizon gift card for $240 dollars. Basically i am getting my money back for for the 2 year contract.

The rep also gave me an overide of my two year agreement and allowed me to purchase a new phone of my choice at the 2 year price so I picked a droid charge. The rep also is sending me a free pack of screen protectors since i purchased them for the tbolts.

Maybe this will help if there is anyone out there struggling with this same issue. I was so happy with the service they gave me today and perhaps other folks will get the same treatment.

Chow.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Funny, when I called in and complained about my reboots, I was told that it wasn't an issue, and that nobody else with the TB reported reboots.

Verizon, like any other big company, has employees with different levels of training, and empowerment. Seems like you were contacted, as opposed to you contacting them, by someone that was tasked to remedy the TB situation. This wasn't the run of the mill CS agent.

Glad you got your situation taken care of. I actually got a junker phone off ebay for $40 so I had one to use while I send my TB to HTC to get fixed for realz. After 3 replacement TB, I am tired of swapping out phones. I would love for someone to call me and ask about my situation.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
they were very cordial to me. I'm not sure if it is because when i have called in the past to discuss the issue i never complained; i just discussed options with them or if it is because i am a military customer. Either way, i'm a verizon customer for life afyer my experiemce yesterday.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy for two things. 1) My Tbolt has never performed better. No reboots, no signal loss, everything is hunky-dory. My earlier data loss issues seemed to have been solved by the update. Although it may be that further building out of the network where I live might also account for it.

2) If they offered me my money back right now, there is not one phone on VZW that I would rather have.

I also have upgrade eligibility right now. But I'm not using it for the reasons stated above.

-Frank

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
i'm honestly on the fence with the thunderbolt. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing phone and all but personally i feel it was released to early without being tested completely and incidentally this sentament is also shared by verizon tier 2 tech support folks. Even HTC has taken note of the problems this device is causing. I would have just asked for another thunderbolt provided a fix was being worked but i wasnt willing to wait anymore. Not to mention that it could be 6 months to a year before a fix will be released. For this reason i didn't feel like i got my moneys worth from the phone. Verizon is aware that it isn't every device that jacked up but it's a huge problem where i live in texas and where i'm soon going to live in california. Overall this is what made me unsatisfied with the phone as a whole. Why pay hundreds and deal with issues repeatedly.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had them do the same thing for me, but I opted to but a NEW Thunderbolt with my newly available upgrade, and this new one is perfect. The certified program is BS.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I should mention I haven't dine the update in my new phone, and won't be anytime soon (until a new update is out and been "reviewed").

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87