EVO 3D battery 1730 mAh?!?! What Gives

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else kind of pissed that HTC managed to squeeze a 1730 mAh battery into the evo 3D??

Why couldn't this be done with the thunderbolt

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Idc. I love my 2750 MAH battery, Even if the TB had a bigger battery, i would still go with an extended battery. The life im getting is just too awesome.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Are we going to do this with every new (HTC) phone? What's the point? I wouldn't trade 330 for my kickstand. If you would you probably got the wrong phone.

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
its new technology, if u like it better just buy it instead of complaining.

not to be harsh to you just to the threads some of these people open. if u want to complain, don't make a new thread and rethink why you own a TB. if you don't know why go to another carrier and buy another phone. there will always be better phones and if you aren't content with yours then stop your bizching and do something about it. stop cluttering the forum especially since this forum has the sole purpose of helping other people.

Reactions: bman123 and SoDev

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I want this battery too I can not imagine having to trade look for longer battery life I want both! I loooove my Thunderbolt though, its the best phone I have ever had.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
14 hours with all the radios on? I'll take that all day, lol

EVO-LUTION 3D

sure, that just requires you to not use any cameras, one of the big selling points for that phone. Camera usage absolutely murdered that battery.

that battery is only that big because if they had a smaller one like the TB they'd never be able to sell the phones because the reviews would tell you the phone powered down 35 minutes after turning it on.

Seriously, that phone is getting roasted right now for its battery life by tons of review sites.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
sure, that just requires you to not use any cameras, one of the big selling points for that phone. Camera usage absolutely murdered that battery.

that battery is only that big because if they had a smaller one like the TB they'd never be able to sell the phones because the reviews would tell you the phone powered down 35 minutes after turning it on.

Seriously, that phone is getting roasted right now for its battery life by tons of review sites.

In that review, in that time period he took over 80 photos, mostly 3D, plus videos,, please that is great. The guy who said battery is no good took over 80 photos, plus videos all the radios on,, and it still lasted 14 hours,, lol, am I missing something here?

EVO-LUTION 3D

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
In that review, in that time period he took over 80 photos, mostly 3D, plus videos,, please that is great. The guy who said battery is no good took over 80 photos, plus videos all the radios on,, and it still lasted 14 hours,, lol, am I missing something here?

EVO-LUTION 3D

Yes, you are missing something, and not that I give half a crap about the 3D, but your over here jocking it for some reason, so at least get the facts straight. It wasn't 14.4 with all that media work, and all the radios weren't on.

READ ME
Which brings us to battery life, or the lack thereof. After topping off the EVO 3D, it only took 14 hours and 44 minutes to drain the beefy 1730mAh battery down to 7%. We barely used the handset during that time -- we made a 15-minute call and slept 6 hours. The rest of it was spent taking a half-dozen pictures, and occasionally checking three email accounts plus one Twitter account with all the radios enabled (save for Bluetooth). This is particularly surprising when you consider the Sensation's stellar battery life. | 3D photography is particularly taxing on the battery. We saw the charge level drop from full to 60% in about an hour and a half during which we snapped about 80 photos and captured four short videos (about half of this content was in 3D). So, whatever you do, be prepared to bring a charger along with that EVO 3D.

Reactions: howarmat

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you are missing something, and not that I give half a crap about the 3D, but your over here jocking it for some reason, so at least get the facts straight. It wasn't 14.4 with all that media work, and all the radios weren't on.

READ ME
Which brings us to battery life, or the lack thereof. After topping off the EVO 3D, it only took 14 hours and 44 minutes to drain the beefy 1730mAh battery down to 7%. We barely used the handset during that time -- we made a 15-minute call and slept 6 hours. The rest of it was spent taking a half-dozen pictures, and occasionally checking three email accounts plus one Twitter account with all the radios enabled (save for Bluetooth). This is particularly surprising when you consider the Sensation's stellar battery life. | 3D photography is particularly taxing on the battery. We saw the charge level drop from full to 60% in about an hour and a half during which we snapped about 80 photos and captured four short videos (about half of this content was in 3D). So, whatever you do, be prepared to bring a charger along with that EVO 3D.
[/QUO
O wait all radios except bluetooth, lol please. Oh and not here jocking it,, here talking about the review. You said it's horrible on battery, im saying all that and still 14 hours on a smartphone is great battery life. Also many other reviews saying with 4g off (and most people leave it off unless needed) it will last all day no problem.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
lol, WAT?? I didn't say it was horrible. I wish that battery did fit, but no point in whining about it. And you completely missed the point, but I don't care anymore.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty