Keyboard settings

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I want my keyboard to suggest spelling as I type but NOT change spelling automatically. How do I set it to do that? When I changed the settings I either get no suggestions at all or suggestions sub autocorrecting.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what keyboard you're using but as an example I'm using SmartKeyboard Pro.... so the options would be..

Text Prediction > Show Suggestions > ON ........ Text Prediction > Quick Fixes > OFF.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I love this keyboard. Just figured out that a long press allows choice of the alternative character for each key. Excellent!

I'm concerned about the processor because I've noticed all the apps I'm running slows the boot and log in to verizon process to a stand still during startup from off.

Reactions: FrankXS

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I love this keyboard. Just figured out that a long press allows choice of the alternative character for each key. Excellent!
Yes! Thank you! I don't know what keyboard you are talking about but this works great on the standard HTC keyboard, which I like a lot. It's hints like this that are very useful! Again, thanks!

Another keyboard hint that I learned here that is very useful is that if you need to get the keyboard back after it disappears, a long-press on the Menu button will do it. Just FYI.

-Frank