Verizon LG G2: WiFi Problems

InboundPotato

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
(Forgive me I'm typing this on my phone)

I've had my G2 since September, and I love everything about it -- except the software glitches. There's a few minor ones, such as when I exit an app, the main home page will take a while to display, as if it was some sort of lag that prevented it. However, the more prominent problem that's still persisting after my eight months of usage is the fact that I could be connected to my own home WiFi, and all the sudden my phone will display the message "WiFi networks available" and then just immediately reconnect to my WiFi.

Now this wouldn't be such a big deal to me if it only happened once in a while, but it mainly happens when I'm doing "data - straining" things like YouTube or downloading apps. So naturally, it stops the video/downloading process in its tracks. And this occurs consecutively in matter of a (for example) two minute video. It can even shut off and reconnect six or seven times in that timeframe.

Now, before you start saying things like "it's your WiFi network, not your phone", let me say this: THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON MY PHONE ONLY AT MY HOME WIFI NETWORK ONLY. My mom (i'm sixteen) has the same exact G2 as me, and she never has this problem. Also, my brother has a tablet and an iPhone that never lose connection, either. If that wasn't enough for you, this doesn't happen on anybody else's WiFi networks either. (I'm currently posting this on my Friend's WiFi, and no problems at all). I've run virus scans on my phone using lookout, tinkered around in my settings restlessly looking for some magic switch that'll fix this, and even cleared up my main storage drive to see if it would ameliorate the problem.

Well, it didn't. And now I'm at a loss. To my knowledge, here are some completely uncorrelating specs of my phone:

Verizon LG G2
16 gigs of remaining memory on my main storage drive
No viruses (according to lookout)
About 250 pictures
About 1 gig of songs

And a very pissed off teenager.

I'm hoping any of you guys reading this have experienced this problem, or have a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

*Forever Wishing Verizon would get their act together and release Kitkat 4.4*

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG G2 WiFi Problems.

I am not an expert on the matter, but my note 3 does this as well with the "network disabled." notification. Never happens on my nexus, nook, or iPhone. Food for thought.

ronj75

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G2 WiFi Problems.

I have the same problems with both my g2 and my wife's. It seems to be a weird issue with certain routers.
I have gone through every setting on both my phone and my router, updated the firmware etc..
I still have the wifi dropping issue. i'm hoping the kitkat update fixes it.
Matter of fact just a hour ago both of our phones dropped wifi at my mother in laws house (which NEVER had the dropping issue) and now the wifi wont connect at all. keeps saying "saved" next to our wifi id.
Reset both the router and the phones. and same issue. hmmmmmm might have to do a factory reset and hope the kit kat update pops up soon.

InboundPotato

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your answers, guys. Thought I was in the dark there for a sec. Do you think that a factory reset would work? If not, I, too will be waiting for the update. But still then... Could that fix it? I've heard on other forums that the new update was bringing 'performance updates'. Hopefully these include updates to eradicate this pesky problem.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried playing with the various settings for Wi-Fi? Go to Settings, Wi-Fi and press your menu button and select Settings. This brings up some Sleep settings, and Power saving checks. Maybe one of those may help?

InboundPotato

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I've sifted through every setting on my phone, even the developer options. Unless I'm missing something obvious, I'm not gonna get any solutions with the settings menu. But back to my previous question, could a factory reset fix this?

ronj75

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
well out of curiosity i tried the airplane mode trick and it worked.. not exactly a "FIX" but a workaround for now.
-turn on airplane mode, turn wifi back on-
Here's hoping kitkat fixes this glitch.

InboundPotato

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I'll have to try that when I get back home. I'll post the results as soon as I have some to post. Currently in Portland, so I'll be back on in about an hour.

jdgasoline

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 2 lg g2 's it would say saved and secured but would not connect.I found a solution to the problem. I have xfinity router that I had to go to the router WiFi security settings and change the settings from wpa/wpa2 and just use the wpa setting and now I have no problems.Hope this helps.

Jeremiah Wolfsong

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for the final post in this thread. It solved the issue for me too. I was having the same problem with my home wifi connection. It worked for a while, then one night it disconnected and wouldn't connect again, giving the same "Secured, saved" message and not allowing me to actually connect. I went into my routers security settings and changed it from WPA to WPA2 and saved the settings change, the router rebooted and now my LG g2 connects to my wifi again without a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez