Stupid question: can you enter "notes" on the Note 3?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I feel foolish for asking, but I can't figure out how to store "text" notes on the Note 3 - not necessarily with the pen, but preferably with the keyboard.

Is there a built - in app for that, or do I need to install an app?

Thanks,
Bert

Posted via Android Central App

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You can store text notes with the S-Note app, it's not only for writing. You can also download Google Keep which is a nice alternative for taking down quick notes and checklist

Sent From "The Beast"

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - seems like that would be an obvious simple app - especially for a phone named "Note"!

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Try searching in the Play store using Note, lots of standard basic ones there... There's one called Note Pad- don't know how it works on the GN3, but it's as basic note taking as you can get. Hope that helps :). But yes, you would think that there would be a basic note taker installed, even one that allows you to switch input device with or without all of the bells and whistles....

And there are no "stupid" questions only questions not asked....

~ScottGeek

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No, you can't input any text via keyboard. At least I haven't figured it out.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3

I'd never noticed that. I always pull out the pen to take notes with s notes and action memo.

So I started looking for ways to take quick notes using the keyboard. I created a new "note" in s note then created a shortcut to this new note. When I open the shortcut it takes me straight to the note so I can use the keyboard. I named the new note "S Memo".

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It turns out that you can type text into S Notes. I thought the T icon on top was for Title. After selecting it, you can hit the enter /return key to go down and expand the text box.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member