no thanks option when the update screen shows up?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed my wifes note 3 had downloaded the 5.0 update . after reading about all the problems I pulled up the update available screen and at the bottom it had one option that said NO THANKS . so after I chose no thanks it said if in the future if I want to upgrade just run the software update and then install it . am I crazy ? has no thanks always been a option ?? it also had the defer option and the install now option. has anybody else seen that?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That is the typical Verizon update screen. After a while though, it might force the update

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess i'm always so eager to update that ive never noticed it LOL. it says after you choose no thanks that you have to manually do it to get the update . we'll see I guess. to me the OTA update is the worst part of android. if my phone is working good I don't wont a update forced on me. ive been lucky in recent times to where if I had a problem its fixed with a factory reset. but in the past updates have killed a few phones for me.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed my wifes note 3 had downloaded the 5.0 update . after reading about all the problems I pulled up the update available screen and at the bottom it had one option that said NO THANKS . so after I chose no thanks it said if in the future if I want to upgrade just run the software update and then install it . am I crazy ? has no thanks always been a option ?? it also had the defer option and the install now option. has anybody else seen that?

This intrigues me, because I see no such option on my stock Verizon Note 3, now running 4.4.4. The only options shown are "install now" and "install later." I just hit the 'back' button to get away from it. Like others, I'm pretty pleased with my phone's performance overall, including excellent battery life, and at this point would rather not risk things getting screwed up.

Any info you can provide at getting to the "No thanks" option would be appreciated. I've researched this in the past, and without root, have never discovered a way to get it to stop nagging you to do the update.

Don

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This intrigues me, because I see no such option on my stock Verizon Note 3, now running 4.4.4. The only options shown are "install now" and "install later." I just hit the 'back' button to get away from it. Like others, I'm pretty pleased with my phone's performance overall, including excellent battery life, and at this point would rather not risk things getting screwed up.

Any info you can provide at getting to the "No thanks" option would be appreciated. I've researched this in the past, and without root, have never discovered a way to get it to stop nagging you to do the update.

Don

My phone ran Great on 4.4.4 NK1 !!
5.0 Sucks !! Things don't work and they ruined the S pen Scrapbook feature!

Last edited:

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Don
I wish I knew what to tell you . the update notification popped up on its on with those 3 options . I hit no thanks and it said to manually search for updates if I wanted it in the future. I even went and searched later to make sure I wasn't dreaming and it popped up the same way.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish I knew what to tell you . the update notification popped up on its on with those 3 options . I hit no thanks and it said to manually search for updates if I wanted it in the future. I even went and searched later to make sure I wasn't dreaming and it popped up the same way.

That is so strange. Her phone is:

Verizon?
Stock ROM?
Unrooted?
Stock Launcher?
Any other system wide modifications?

I would love to have the 'No thank you' option!

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just solved the mystery of the "No thanks" option.

I've postponed taking the update, but decided to bite the bullet and do it this morning. As you know, the update takes place in 2 parts. I took the first update, phone rebooted, etc. And after a little while, the notification for the second, Lollipop, update popped up, and that is where the "No thanks" option appears. So it can be seen on the 2nd phase of the update, not the 1st.

So now I have to choose whether to take it or not. Is it known precisely what the first phase of the update actually does?

Don

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo