Tips on getting my upgrade pushed up

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well,I've been wanting my upgrade to pushed up from Aug.18 to maybe May 18 or even June 18. Ive always read in the message broads about how some of guys get your upgrade date pushed up,What's the key to doing this?

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Droid x and my upgrade is August 18,I'm currently on the 450 minute plan.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Would be hard to get it bumped. I can move them within a week (7 days). And often if you are not on a smartphone and want to move to one they will allow an early one. Your best bet would be taking it to a Corp VZW store and see if you can get a Manager to move it. You would need a good reason though. Lets see...... The X has an issue with the ear piece going out from time to time and having to reset it. You could claim that you have had to do that a lot and it is getting old.

Reactions: bberrynewbie84

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info!

Would be hard to get it bumped. I can move them within a week (7 days). And often if you are not on a smartphone and want to move to one they will allow an early one. Your best bet would be taking it to a Corp VZW store and see if you can get a Manager to move it. You would need a good reason though. Lets see...... The X has an issue with the ear piece going out from time to time and having to reset it. You could claim that you have had to do that a lot and it is getting old.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Another question:

Have a Droid X with a renew date of spring 2012. However, my husband has a standard cell phone that is up for a new contract. Can I get a new smartphone using his New Every 2 and put it on my number without adding the $30/mo data fee to his account?

Or, could I switch phone numbers with him, dumbing down my number to no data and putting the data plan on his number with a new contract?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Another question:

Have a Droid X with a renew date of spring 2012. However, my husband has a standard cell phone that is up for a new contract. Can I get a new smartphone using his New Every 2 and put it on my number without adding the $30/mo data fee to his account?

Or, could I switch phone numbers with him, dumbing down my number to no data and putting the data plan on his number with a new contract?

You can just do an alternate upgrade, where you use his upgrade on your phone and you get the new device and data plan but his contract gets extended. Happens all the time, just ask the reps to help you. Even if you get it from somewhere else, you can just move the phone over to your line with no issues.

Reactions: Arelunde

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You can just do an alternate upgrade, where you use his upgrade on your phone and you get the new device and data plan but his contract gets extended. Happens all the time, just ask the reps to help you. Even if you get it from somewhere else, you can just move the phone over to your line with no issues.

Yup. Alternate Upgrades are simple. And he could always use your upgrade when the time comes too. Unless you hog them both. :)

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Working currently in a call center for VZW tech support, we are encouraged to get at least 5 upgrades a month as our performance metric. Our managers let us upgrade anyone who is eligible to upgrade sometime in 2011 to any phone right now (called "M2" upgrade) except for the iPhone and Thunderbolt (assuming Charge as well, since we were told this before it launched.). I dunno if its just in my call center, or nationwide.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Working currently in a call center for VZW tech support, we are encouraged to get at least 5 upgrades a month as our performance metric. Our managers let us upgrade anyone who is eligible to upgrade sometime in 2011 to any phone right now (called "M2" upgrade) except for the iPhone and Thunderbolt (assuming Charge as well, since we were told this before it launched.). I dunno if its just in my call center, or nationwide.

They do that at my center as well. But they allow any device, no restrictions.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow,this is pointless unless u want a dinc2 or Droid x 2

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

courthaven

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade

Every year I upgrade early I just lose the $30 deduction most times. I thought that Verizon was cracking down on the upgrading this year, but I just called yesterday to see if I could get the Thunderbolt and the $249 price and they told me yeah.

I always start off saying that I'm going to drop them though and move to Sprint (in the past I used AT&T for the Iphone).

Give it a shot.

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who is still using the original droid and her touchscreen broke. He upgrade isn't for another couple months she said.
Any chance she can get upgraded early so she doesn't need to spend almost $600 on a new phone?
What is her best approach? CSR on the phone? Store?

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
She should have an early upgrade to use,so she might be able to upgrade now

I have a friend who is still using the original droid and her touchscreen broke. He upgrade isn't for another couple months she said.
Any chance she can get upgraded early so she doesn't need to spend almost $600 on a new phone?
What is her best approach? CSR on the phone? Store?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Turns out her husband had upgraded from a droid to a charge and they were able to move his old phone to her line.

Skaterdude525

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Hey there i was already offered an M2 upgrade but they said I couldnt upgrade to a 4G device or the iPhone!

I had the Droid Charge and had about 4-5 warranty replacements. They finally sent me out the LG Revolution but its been giving me the same exact problem. Ive gotten credits to my bill, have a ticket to look into my service area and nothing seems to work its insane! I want the Droid Bionic, i played with it multiple times and its a phone that meets all my needs. What do i need to do to get the M2 applied to 4G Devices?