Anyone know what became of this?

joerivera17

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Well kind of no. You can say it looks like gb because of the green battery and the icons , but i guess Samsung like it that because the galaxy s3 has it too. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I think that's a cut/paste job,can't say for sure but I doubt they had anything more to show other than a stock Samsung device with some vm screen image slapped onto it.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont trust Simple Mobile for some reason. W/E. Im moving to a GNex on TMo

I'm doing the same. After this announcement I really have no faith Virgin will ever release a good phone. I'll stick with my V for a few more months and buy the GNex when the cost goes down and the new Nexus device comes out.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

joerivera17

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am also thinking of getting the galaxy nexus and move on to t mobile since they have good coverage a good mobile plan and 4g (I know is not real lte 4g just a little faster than 3g) :D

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate x3 saying this, but I'm kind of agreeing with you all. With my mod duties, and my love for the OV community, I'm conflicted...but the GNex or a Note on Straight Talk is looking pretty damn good right now. I've lost any confidence in Virgin after today.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I hate x3 saying this, but I'm kind of agreeing with you all. With my mod duties, and my love for the OV community, I'm conflicted...but the GNex or a Note on Straight Talk is looking pretty damn good right now. I've lost any confidence in Virgin after today.

Come to the dark side my comrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! Virgin Mobile has better plans but way worse phones- All are Mid-low or low end phones where as Boost has some mid-high and highish end phones (Evo, Marquee, SII)

VM is sprints lower end prepaid service so we get lower end phones... you get what you pay for people.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you are upset with not getting a SII on Virgin, complain to Sprint. That is there decision to make. Sadly when they ask people the income level on questionnaires that is used to decide which carrier will get the phones. And trust me Boost users lie about their income so it appears they can afford a higher priced phone.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
well sprint ceo did an interview with charlie rose of pbs .. YES...I WATCH CHARLIE ROSE o_O ..and said boost was their flagship prepaid brand. virgin mobile usa was not even mentioned except to say they were affiliated with the brand. i assume if boost is your flagship prepaid brand,its going to get first choice of higher end models.

Last edited:

demonknightdk

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought the EVo V (Evo 3D) was higher end than the Evo Design (Hero 2).. i'm not impressed with boosts lack of plan options. Shrinkage is fine, but I dont want to start at 55.. I dont talk that much... I'd like to see them merge boost and VM as well. Call is Vboost or somthing.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm mostly moving to TMo because I LOVE the Nexus. Great Design+Great Specs+Great Development= <3

Also, for a place lke Brooklyn/Manhattan NY I get crappy data speeds, if at all. It can take me up to like 5 minutes just to load up the AC News/Blog page and in some places (Long Island beach, just 30 minutes from my house) I get no signal at all which is a shame. (Screw you Sprint and your crappy data!) At least on TMobile I'll get wav better coverage, and 4G HSPA+ which is better then my crappy 3G on Virgin/

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm with all you on the get away from VM bandwagon. I'm so tired of 3G that's rivaled by dial up.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm with all you on the get away from VM bandwagon. I'm so tired of 3G that's rivaled by dial up.

Right now I would have to say dial up is the winner as I have had no data at all 3G icon is there but now only will work 25% of the time in the last week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87