Spaced Messages?

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else been getting messages with spaces in between every character? And if you have do you know if its a problem with Virgin Mobile or my phone?

Band Geeks Rule!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you know what keyboard they use? My girlfriend uses Swype Beta, and I use SwiftKey 3. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It happens very rarely, so I don't attribute it to anything other than possible network issues / interference. He is using the stock Android keyboard, also happened during his stint with Swype.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It happens when someone uses an unsupported SMS character, such as ?. That's what I've narrowed it down to.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by cole2kb<br />
Happens to me with only one person, and he is on Alltel.
<br />
<br />
Do you know what keyboard they use? My girlfriend uses Swype Beta, and I use SwiftKey 3. Maybe that has something to do with it? <br />
<br />
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
My girlfriend uses the stock keyboard on optimus elite and my friend who has rumor touch uses the slide keyboard.

Band Geeks Rule!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It happens when someone uses an unsupported SMS character, such as ?. That's what I've narrowed it down to.

I suppose that's possible, however, he has never used those special characters. I suppose he could have long-pressed and typed one by accident, happens to me sometimes when my keyboard lags, but his phone is a lot faster than mine, so I doubt it. I'll see if I can recreate it.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I suppose that's possible, however, he has never used those special characters. I suppose he could have long-pressed and typed one by accident, happens to me sometimes when my keyboard lags, but his phone is a lot faster than mine, so I doubt it. I'll see if I can recreate it.

Yeah I had a conversation with someone else on the Optimus using the Stock ROM, and I sent him a message that ended in "se?or". He asked what was up with the funky spacing, and what "seor" meant. So I sent another message with a bunch of random text, plus an "?" in there, and sure enough, the ? was nowhere to be found, and the text was spaced out. I've never since gotten or sent a message that had spaced text in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non