PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

downfallat111

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, and I was not enabling mass storage. (Not sure Device Manager would show the ADB Interface without debugging enabled). Also, I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 if that makes a difference. Has anybody running a 64-bit version of Windows been able to do this?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, and I was not enabling mass storage. (Not sure Device Manager would show the ADB Interface without debugging enabled). Also, I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 if that makes a difference. Has anybody running a 64-bit version of Windows been able to do this?

Raises hand..

The most obvious question I forgot to ask..have you tried a different usb port and or cable?

downfallat111

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Raises hand..

The most obvious question I forgot to ask..have you tried a different usb port and or cable?

Hmm completely slipped my mind... Just tried a different cable and port with the same result. Though the same cable works fine for transferring music when I am in Mass Storage mode... :/

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is what it looks like. Also, this is on Windows 7 x64 SP1. For me, Port 10 would be the correct port.
sc6x60.jpg

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
Also just a note guys.
You can switch to just VM networks after installing the newest PRL by going into your CDMA SETTINGS after you swap PRL's.
You can switch this with in the "sub-actions" on some apps (Widgetsoid being one)...

Just noting this as the roaming "triangle" gets bothersome at times.
And you can always swap from "AUTOMATIC" to "VERGIN MOBILE" at any given time.

Still no issues on my end.
Seeing at least a 10db decrease in reception compared to the old PRL.
And that's a good thing.
(N00b: at least a 1 bar increase in cell reception)

Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk

downfallat111

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would remove whatever drivers you have, and reinstall these.

Uninstalled and installed using the exact directions on that thread. Didn't get COM Ports and the ADB Interface doesn't work either (probably because I used the LGP500 drivers?) I had used that tool earlier but selected the VM670 and the Interface DID work... here's a screenshot

2iijspg.png

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalled and installed using the exact directions on that thread. Didn't get COM Ports and the ADB Interface doesn't work either (probably because I used the LGP500 drivers?) I had used that tool earlier but selected the VM670 and the Interface DID work... here's a screenshot

Try right clicking on the adb sooner drivers and select uninstall. Check the box to delete the drivers. Then follow these directions to select the driver manually: xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOW TO] Change PRL on Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V

downfallat111

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Try right clicking on the adb sooner drivers and select uninstall. Check the box to delete the drivers. Then follow these directions to select the driver manually: xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOW TO] Change PRL on Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V

Yay, that worked! Thanks so much for everyone's help...

By the way, the post is kind of confusing on xda. If anyone else is having issues with this and after installing the drivers referenced on the xda thread, if they don't work, you have to uninstall them before you try to manually add them.

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Takenover I just checked the xda thread on this and they updated with a new prl number 61676.I'm about to test it out now. According to what I read its supposed to be both a sprint and virgin number?? a prl hybrid?? Might wanna update with the new PRL

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually seen it but wanted to see a few reports on it before I added it. When I originally googled it, not many of the sprint sites had it, so I questioned if it was legit.

Little Joe

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Browsing the sprint forums and found that 60677 prl was released last week, not sure what the difference is. I could not find the file attch to any of the forums. Has anyone tested this one out?

zanpaktou

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Browsing the sprint forums and found that 60677 prl was released last week, not sure what the difference is. I could not find the file attch to any of the forums. Has anyone tested this one out?

i just did the new hybrid 61677 its the hybrid of the new sprint and the VM
3g works like a charm no problems at all

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
60677 is working fine on my end as well (tested for 2 days now)..
Im not seeing any real differences compared to the last PRL release..
However I did do a benchmark test compared to the last PRL release and I have seen a 2dB increase in sig quality..
(test was based on a 24 sig count from a base line of 0~4dB increase - 2dB was the average)

Also the biggest notice will be for the following states: FL, MI, OH, WV, WI & NC
For those interested here is the PRL 60677 change log compared to the last PRL update:
http://www.batonrougebroadband.info/Sprint_60676_60677.txt
&
http://www.batonrougebroadband.info/Sprint_60677.txt

NOTE:
make sure to change your CDMA settings for VM only as swapping to roaming (triangle) will just drain your battery faster from the switch

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That change log from 60676 to 60677 shows that only roaming entries were changed and added. No Sprint stuff. I think it's safe to stay on 60676 for now.

Have you tried the hybrid 61676?

Edit:

There's a 61677 now too???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07