How can I a lag issue with my Gear VR 3?

Mobyone01

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Gear

Hi everyone,

I just got my Gear VR 3 week ago and been playing around with it since then.... I have noticed that there is a lag issue with the 360 photos app and some other photo viewing apps (A Real problem with the Matterport VR Showcase app as it lags horribly when moving around). The other photo apps seems to get stuck when looking around, even when I do reorientation!!

The videos also seem to have a much lower resolution than the Note 4 one!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Stroker Crate

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Gear

Hi everyone,

I just got my Gear VR 3 week ago and been playing around with it since then.... I have noticed that there is a lag issue with the 360 photos app and some other photo viewing apps (A Real problem with the Matterport VR Showcase app as it lags horribly when moving around). The other photo apps seems to get stuck when looking around, even when I do reorientation!!

The videos also seem to have a much lower resolution than the Note 4 one!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

I have posted extensively on both oculus and xda about s7/s7edge and its inferior gear vr experience. Even though the s7 benchmarks better, it jitters and shudders a lot even in oculus home, but gunjack and the deer hunting game is almost unusable when my note 5 flowed smooth as butter.. I did a bunch of benchmarks my self comparing s6 and note 5 to the s7, i did find that although better in cpu and gpu the s7 devices have a pretty bad i/o bottleneck. I posted some screen shots here
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33459/galaxy-s7-gear-vr-issues#latest