Can't move apps to SD card on my Acer A100

sundance2011

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use a MicroSD card on their A100? It shows in setup but is basically unusable, it's there but you can't move anything to it.

David420

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got one on mine, but there is no app-to-sd button on the apps.. on the menu.. but sense i've put it in most of the stuff i download goes straight to the sd card(such as non-market apk's), i literally just got mine yesterday, but that's what i've gathered so far.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use a MicroSD card on their A100? It shows in setup but is basically unusable, it's there but you can't move anything to it.

Great question and I would love to know how to do this as well. I emailed Acer but they say they need to know what my serial number is before they can answer the question.... not sure what that has to do with anything. When I finally hear back from them, I'll be sure to post here.

graogrim

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my tablet at hand, so I'm going on memory here. The preinstalled apps can find content on the sdcard, the path to it is something like /mnt/external-sd for apps such as file managers. Also if you connect the tablet to your pc you can access the internal storage and the add-in sd card as separate drives.

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
You can move Game Loft games to sd. There is an app in the market called GL2SD. It works with more than just GameLoft games, but the list is limited as to what you can move outside GameLoft. I have not tried, but you can manually move games as long as they fall under the corrects sdcard-external/data directories.

BTW, Honeycomb does not have the move to SD option as it uses the entire internal storage. Unfortunately, with the locked bootloader and the way Acer set up the mount points, until the bootloader is hacked, you can't mount symlinks to external storage.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You cannot do it because of the OS. Honeycomb does not allow it. Once ice cream sandwich comes out, you will be able to do it.

airborne mp

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Had my a100 for about a week now and I love it, but I'm afraid of filling up the internal memory with apps. Any word when ICS will be available?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

merlec92

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
4/24/12 I got the ICS upgrade today and although the A100 recognizes when the SD card is inserted, I doesnt recognize the additional space and I still have no option to move apps. Even apps2sd from the market says I can't do ot.. Anybody have an idea here?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, ICS has the ability to allow apps to sd, but it's up to the individual companies to include the feature in their release of ICS. So far, as far as I know, not one company has included it their ICS Update. It seems to me that Google/Android is trying to move away from External SD cards and removable batteries, which I'm not thrilled about. As a result, my next phone and tablet must have a LARGE battery and a minimum of 32 GB of internal storage. Bottom line, I think we're all stuck with the original 5.36 GB that the a100 came with.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeh, but it requires a root. I am not going to root until the warranty expires.

I posted in another thread that Acer told me an update is coming "very soon" that will allow apps to be moved to the SD card. But they also told me it would be part of ICS to start with.

AliKitten21108

May 5, 2012
Visit site
The tablet moves pre installed apps to the SD you do not have a choice what you want to move to the SD as far as apps go unless you root

Sent by the kick a** Tapatalk by either my Droid X2 w/root, My soon to have root Acer A100 & My pain in the a** Milestone X2 I have been unable to root....Ggrrrrr!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez