Carousel help

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I am new to the Kindle world and have just purchased a Kindle Fire HD. I am loving it so far, but I have a question that I can't find the solution for. All the books that I have through Amazon show up on my carousel. When I long press a book I get the option to remove it from the carousel. I removed almost all of them as I like a cleaner look for the "home screen" Every time I turn the Kindle off and then on again, all the books are back in the carousel. I have also watched a streaming movie and when I was done, again, all the books were back in the carousel. How can I remove them so they won't keep showing back up?

Thank you for the help

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just the way the software is coded. I found it extremely annoying as I didn't need my ENTIRE library to show up in the carousel after a reboot.

Either Amazon needs to fix this or you can install ADW launcher EX or Go Launcher EX. If you use ADW, you are still unable to set the default home button. It will take you to the amazon launcher but you can just hit the shortcut to ADW. If you are rooted, you can put the go launcher ex apk in system/apps, install and reboot. The kindle system will say it's updating and it will then allow you to change the default home setting.

There might be some other alternative launcher threads floating around, but those are the two main ones I read about. I personally tried both before but then ended up returning the KFHD to amazon and kept the Nexus 7.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I chatted with Amazon support and they had me do a factory reset which seemed to work until i turned it on this morning and there were half my books again, on the carousel. /sigh Thanks for the advice though. I appreciate it.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So, I started an online chat with Amazon support help again and this is a copy of our conversation regarding the issue I posted in the first post of this thread. Just wanted to post it in case anyone else is having this same issue.

You are now connected to Rohan from Amazon.com.
Me:Hi, I chatted with you a few days ago regarding books showing up in my carousel even after I have removed them. They said you could pull up info regarding that chat session.
Anyway, we did a factory reset, but it's happening again.
Rohan:Hello, my name is Rohan. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Great. Thank you
Rohan:Eric, I am sorry about the issue. There will be a software update soon on this kindle and this issue will be resolved.
Me:So this is a known issue?
Rohan:I would request you to wait and it will be resolved.
Yes it is.
Me:OK, great. Thanks!!
Rohan:You're welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:Nope, I think that's it. Do you know an approximate time when this update will occur?
Rohan:Eric, I am sorry we do not have an exact time about it. However, You will receive an e-mail about it.
Me:OK, thank you then.
Rohan:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a nice day and Take Care!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty