12-21-2017 12:58 AM
79 1234
tools
    hey..
    i have an htc desire 310, which keeps disconnecting from our wifi... sometimes it doesnt even find it... what can i do? i dont have wifi in my phone because of that... anything you say above just doesnt work...
    Please help...
    12-17-2014 12:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You tried all of the different suggestions? It might ultimately be a problem with the router. Make sure the router has the latest firmware--if it does, then you might even consider the opposite, that perhaps the latest firmware is buggy. In that case, you may want to try previous firmware versions.

You may just have to try a new router.
    12-17-2014 09:49 PM
    Hi! I recently had a wifi problem with my LG G2. For some unknown reasons, my wifi button hung (stucked at turning on). I tried turning off the phone but the button is still hanging. So I turned off the phone overnight, fully charged, then the button worked again smoothly. Only to find out that it was just temporary, the button bug seemed permanently stucked (every few seconds on/off). The result was a catastrophe. This problem drained my battery drastically, 1% every 5 minutes approx. Thanks for any tip/s in advance.
    01-05-2015 06:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's always a tough problem to solve. It might be a hardware problem (faulty radio or loose connection), or a software problem. For hardware issues, believe it or not, some people solve it by slapping the back of the phone firmly, which can sometimes work--presumably by repositioning some loose connector. For software issues, you could try booting into Safe Mode to see it works without any 3rd party app running: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11127. If that doesn't help, a factory reset may be worth trying. Good luck!
    James Raj likes this.
    01-08-2015 11:29 PM
    Have tried this - still not working..connected to wi fi , but can't get on Internet..
    03-04-2015 01:45 PM
    I don't know which step did i just do, but my phone at last can be connected to the internet (wifi).
    Thanks anyway -_-
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-16-2015 11:50 PM
    I have a Nexus 5 and have a EC315 Huawei WIFI datacard. I used to connect my phone through Wifi and it used to work flawlessly. Recently I got a notification for updating to Lollipop 5.1 from 5.0.1 and I switched on the Wifi to download the software update, but the phone would connect and immediately drop the connection in 1 sec, this kept on happening. I checked with my laptop, it was connecting perfectly. Finally I got the firmware update through my office Wifi which also connected perfectly with my phone. I finally came across this thread and tried all the suggestions. I was not wanting to do a factory reset on my phone as it would entail the painful process of downloading all the apps. Finally I reset the wifi dongle to factory default and without any result. As I am writing this to you for your help, I happened to tinker with the user manual of the Huawei device, I came across FAQs which said that the mobile device's antivirus could interfere with the data services, so I immediately opened the McAfee app and disabled Wifi security and then tried connecting. Thankfully it connected and I got about to a workaround. Hope this helps.
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.
    04-04-2015 07:19 AM
    Hello good day,
    Galaxy GT-I8530 android 4.1.2; tried all your suggestions but not connecting " saved, secured or authentication failed. My router is tp link.
    so when I put the mobile 50 centimeters near router it connect automatically and work well.
    please help me to fix the problem
    04-14-2015 05:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You already tried changing the wi-fi channel? Router firmware up to date?
    04-16-2015 06:58 PM
    tbd753b wont scan for network & sometimes wont turn on , any suggestions ? dont wanna give up the zeki just yet .
    05-31-2015 01:40 PM
    Not enough information to diagnose, and we can't get enough online. Bring it into a shop for an estimate. It could be a couple of different problems, or one thing causing both symptoms. If there's one thing I've learned from years in this business, it's that guessing at the cause of a symptom that's not obvious almost never produces the correct solution.
    06-01-2015 12:07 AM
    my Android KITKAT has been updated into Android 4.4.2 KITKAT for Samsung Note 10.1 2014 and breaking my head to connect to wi-fi which it shows 'Scanning...' in a loop and there is wifi signal available in my palace. If you found any solution
    [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems-wifi-1.jpg
    [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems-wifi-2.jpg
    06-02-2015 10:26 PM
    my Android KITKAT has been updated into Android 4.4.2 KITKAT for Samsung Note 10.1 2014 and breaking my head to connect to wi-fi which it shows 'Scanning...' in a loop and there is wifi signal available in my palace. If you found any solution
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifi 1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	179435
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifi 2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	179436
    See this thread for responses: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...ml#post4466843
    07-02-2015 12:08 AM
    Hi,

I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here to see if anyone has a clue what else I could try to get my phone (a BLU with Android 4.2.1.) to connect to my WIFI. I've had the "avoided poor internet connection" with my last android phone--like this one, it originally connected fine but after 2 weeks decided the connection was "poor"--and entering a static IP helped back then. Now it actually gets the phone to say "connected"--but it stil refuses to open any websites.

In short: I've tried all the tips here--they still lead to "avoided poor internet connection". Entering a static IP avoids that and leads to the phone saying "connected"--but it still won't get me on the internet. (Is there any way to access the dhcp-folder from my computer, so I can delete it? It doesn't show on my android).

Thanks!
    07-20-2015 05:25 AM
    Hi.. My moto g can not detect office WiFi.. At 1st day it's connected but at 2nd day it doesn't showing WiFi name.. Even in saved n/w it doesn't appear.. Plz help I have tried all the options.
    07-26-2015 09:18 AM
    Step 1 worked right away - thanks!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-09-2015 11:52 AM
    Hi,

I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here to see if anyone has a clue what else I could try to get my phone (a BLU with Android 4.2.1.) to connect to my WIFI. I've had the "avoided poor internet connection" with my last android phone--like this one, it originally connected fine but after 2 weeks decided the connection was "poor"--and entering a static IP helped back then. Now it actually gets the phone to say "connected"--but it stil refuses to open any websites.

In short: I've tried all the tips here--they still lead to "avoided poor internet connection". Entering a static IP avoids that and leads to the phone saying "connected"--but it still won't get me on the internet. (Is there any way to access the dhcp-folder from my computer, so I can delete it? It doesn't show on my android).

Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the delayed response. Does this occur on any wi-fi network, or have you only tried it on your home network?
    08-17-2015 03:05 PM
    Hi.. My moto g can not detect office WiFi.. At 1st day it's connected but at 2nd day it doesn't showing WiFi name.. Even in saved n/w it doesn't appear.. Plz help I have tried all the options.
    Sorry for the delayed response. Is it only the work wi-fi that doesn't show up? Does the phone detect other wi-fi networks without difficulty?
    08-17-2015 03:07 PM
    Hi,

I live in a hostel where login based public wifi is provided.

I have a samsung S3 which connects to the wifi even at peak hours of traffic and gives full speed.

While when I connect through my laptop's wifi which is relatively newer than S3, it barely gives any speed, even googling is not possible. But at non peak hours when there is less traffic, sometimes it gives decent speed.

Recently I bought oneplus2 whose wifi performance is similar to my laptop's wifi performance.

All the above devices are able to connect to the wifi with atleast 3 out of 5 bars. I don't understand why when S3 gives proper speed, at the same time other device's wifi fail to perform which are relatively new. These new device's wifi should atleast perform similar to S3, if not better.

I don't have control over router's config as it is managed by hostel management. I am attaching screenshot of the Xirrus wifi inspector which gives the details about the router.

[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems-xirrus.png

Please suggest if there is anything that I can do to improve the wifi performance on those devices.
    Thanks in advance!!
    09-02-2015 10:24 AM
    I had a similar problem . note3 wasnt connecting to home wifi so i upgraded it to lollipop. Then it wasnt connecting to any wifi. Subsequently i just installed wifi doctor from playstore adn ran it once . It worked like a charm. Now i connects to everything. i am not an expert at these things so not sure if the app fixed it or it just got fixed on its own
    09-07-2015 02:41 AM
    Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Turn OFF "Passpoint" did the trick.. None of the reset instructions for the router, WAN or anything else had any effect.
    This was one a brand new Samsung TAB. We set it up at home and it worked fine. We took it out to a restaurant and it worked fine. When we got home, it would not detect any WAN. It just keep scanning and the home WAN we had setup stated it could not find the connection even when I put the TAB right next to the WAN base. Once I went to "Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Turn OFF "Passpoint"", it started working perfectly again and was able to "see" all the WANs around my house.
    09-07-2015 02:41 PM
    My tablet over. 4.2.2 has the WiFi problem that the WiFi signal notification keeps grey. I can surf internet but is really slow. The WiFi fixing apps aren't doing much.
    09-08-2015 06:16 AM
    hi

i am experiencing a problem with my note 4. when i am trying to connect to wifi i have this problem : " failed to obtaining ip adress" i have been having it for 3 days. i have rebooted my phone and wifi router but it didnt work. but after the night i waked up yesterday connected to the wifi but lost connection after 2 hours and was back at the same problem cant connect to the wifi. i have searched for many fixes but didnt find any usefull one. i tried to put wifi on static and change ip adress i was able to connect to the wifi then but without internet connection. and when i put it back to DHCP i have the same problem with not obtaining IP adress. pls i need to fix this problems i cant stay 24/7 on my mobile data
    09-14-2015 05:55 AM
    Thank you!
    Solved my case as well.
    09-14-2015 07:07 AM
    I am having major problems with my Nexus 6 and Wifi on 5ghz. Not to repeat myself but you can read the headache I am going though here.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...sing-wifi.html
    The only thing that worked was turning off encryption which I refuse to do of course so now I have to stream music on LTE which does not use data except for TuneIn which I have to use the tablet. I am hoping that the new Netgear AC1900 fixes it.
    09-15-2015 01:34 AM
79 1234