[GUIDE] Setting Custom Ringtones

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Setting Custom Ringtones and Notification Tones​

So you are looking to use songs or other media for ringtone and notifications. Two easy ways to do this. This is very simple and the same across all Android devices.

The quickest way, especially if you don't have any music / ringtones downloaded yet, download Zedge from the play store. Any downloaded material will automatically be placed in the right folders on your device.

The next way is very easy but takes a few more steps. Use this step if you already have the media downloaded.

First, make sure you have a file manager installed on your device. If you don't, download one of the many off of the Play Store.

Now open the file explorer and look for a folder called "Ringtones" and "Notifications". If you do not have the above folders, simply create a folder and name it as listed above. Make sure to have the (s) at the end of them.

Download or move your audio media files you want to use in the corresponding folders. Save and close file manager.

Your new tones can now be found in the list or all the factory tones. Set using the standard sounds setting.

Custom Ringtone Assigned to Single Contact​

If you want to assign different ringtones to individual contacts, open your address/contacts app.

Find the individual you want to give a custom ringtone to. Open and select edit. Scroll down and select add field. Find ringtone.

Now open the ringtone selection and choose the ringtone you want to assign to just that contact.

Make sure to save the changes, do not just back all the way out with the back button.

*Same process as above to set notification tone to a particular contact.

*You can set custom ringtones to "groups" also. This is done in the group settings page.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Blu Pure XL and no matter what I do, my custom ringtone keeps re-setting back to the stupid default. I have hooked the phone up to three different computers by USB and the problem seems to be that the internal ringtones are named "System" and I cannot access them and move my custom one into that folder. The ridiculous default ones also show up in the "Memory" as well alongside the custom ones I made from MP3 files. Frankly, if I had my way, I wish I could delete the system ringtones as most of them are stupid anyway. But it's stupid as no matter what, it defaults back to the default "system" stupid boring ring, instead of the music MP3 custom file I want it to play. It will play it for a little while then it reverts back for no reason. I can't figure out how to move the custom ringtone into the system file and how to access those "system" files. Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing? Even if I move the file manually with my phone connected by USB and place it in the 'Ringtones" labeled folder which seems "logical", it doesn't work and all it does is place the file in "Memory" which does not allow it to "stick". I'm at a loss. Anyone? This shouldn't be so difficult.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Blu Pure XL and no matter what I do, my custom ringtone keeps re-setting back to the stupid default. I have hooked the phone up to three different computers by USB and the problem seems to be that the internal ringtones are named "System" and I cannot access them and move my custom one into that folder. The ridiculous default ones also show up in the "Memory" as well alongside the custom ones I made from MP3 files. Frankly, if I had my way, I wish I could delete the system ringtones as most of them are stupid anyway. But it's stupid as no matter what, it defaults back to the default "system" stupid boring ring, instead of the music MP3 custom file I want it to play. It will play it for a little while then it reverts back for no reason. I can't figure out how to move the custom ringtone into the system file and how to access those "system" files. Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing? Even if I move the file manually with my phone connected by USB and place it in the 'Ringtones" labeled folder which seems "logical", it doesn't work and all it does is place the file in "Memory" which does not allow it to "stick". I'm at a loss. Anyone? This shouldn't be so difficult.

Have you tried assigning them with a file manager app. Sometimes I have better results when I do it that way.

iTechhen

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Setting Custom Ringtones and Notification Tones​

So you are looking to use songs or other media for ringtone and notifications. Two easy ways to do this. This is very simple and the same across all Android devices.

......Open and select edit. Scroll down and select add field. Find ringtone

Now open the ringtone selection and choose the ringtone you want to assign to just that contact.

Make sure to save the changes, do not just back all the way out with the back button.

*Same process as above to set notification tone to a particular contact.

Completely false

For beginners, there is no ringtone in the add another field sub menu

Screenshot_2017-11-18-15-07-22.png
Secondly, no it's not easy otherwise millions of Android users wouldn't be searching the internet high and low for the answer

Third, the process different greatly depending on the device and what version Android, to say the process is the same on all Android devices is quite frankly back and you clearly have no clue of what you're talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress