Smartview

erose75

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
When I go into smartview on the drop down menu to mirror my phone on my tv, my Sony tv's no longer show up as options, only our one Samsung tv. Sony's have Chromecast built in with android software. XBR900 series. No software update available on the tv's so that is not the issue.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5g

Have soft reset phone, soft reset tv's, unplugged the Wi-Fi to get a fresh restart on the router.

Any thoughts?

erose75

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
Chromecast works. What I am talking about is the screen mirroring using the "smart view" app in the pull down menu. The app that puts your actual phone screen on the tv. It was working fine before OS11.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't have a TV at work to check this , but under apps>system apps try clearing its data and force stop then see if it finds your TV Screenshot_20210119-155148_Settings.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Samsung disabled Miracast screen mirroring to non-Samsung TVs recently. I am sure I read that on some random tech blog. You can still chromecast where available. Also you can use miracast to use wireless Dex on a non-Samsung TV but I think smartview has stopped working. I cannot use smartview with my LG TV but I can use the same option to use wireless Dex with it.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Samsung disabled Miracast screen mirroring to non-Samsung TVs recently. I am sure I read that on some random tech blog. You can still chromecast where available. Also you can use miracast to use wireless Dex on a non-Samsung TV but I think smartview has stopped working. I cannot use smartview with my LG TV but I can use the same option to use wireless Dex with it.

I'm still using smart view to mirror my Note 20 Ultra to an old Miracast HDMI dongle I have, worked a few days ago unless I'm about to get an update that disables it.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh that is good. I don't know what is going on then

Updating to Android 11 now, will check if it still works. I use smartview to a Belkin Miracast HDMI device on an old TV and I cast to my TLC Roku enabled TV with no issues to date with any Samsung from the Note 3 to the N20U.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok let me know please

On Android 11 now, just what I needed was more UI changes just as I got used to Android 10. My toggle for smart switch moved and I momentarily panicked. Lol

In any case both my Belkin Miracast adapter and TCL Roku TV work with smart view on my Note 20 Ultra, no change in functionality from Android 10 that I've seen.

Maybe they just stopped casting to non Miracast devices? Chrome cast is proprietary and doesn't use Miracast tech.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Smart View and DeX (wirelessly) no longer work on non-Samsung Devices Or Chrome cast. Google trust issue appertly since the OneUi 3.0 update

You can however still use the Google Home app to 'Cast your screen' by clicking on whatever device you want to use in that app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress