Homescreen keeps resetting after ics update

E.2da.D

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for viewing my post. I have the HTC vivid ... Never unlocked ,,, after I updated my phone to ics now every time I press the home icon to go back to the homescreen ... I get the HTC logo with white screen. This is extremely annoying if some can please help or send me to a site I can fix it ... I would greatly appreciate it .

Thank again :)

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does the same thing happen when you use another Home LAuncher? In other words, is the problem the HTC Home Launcher or the OS itself?

Try:

Another home launcher
Clearing data for "Rosie Home" (Htc's home screen)
Factory reset of the phone (unfortunately sometimes it's necessary...)
Perhaps some apps are interfering, but hard to know what they are

E.2da.D

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have go launcher installed. I did the clear data and defaults on both the launcher app as well as the HTC sense ... I am only using the native launcher. I am not sure what the problem is either app, Os, etc... Thanks tho man I will try again.

mikey_cheb

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Mines doing the same thing.
Did you find out how to fix this problem?

I was having the same problem. I went to Settings -> Develop option and unchecked 'Don't keep activities'. That seems to have worked for me - I think it kept restarting Sense every time you open another app.

ImCapitalETC

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I just updated my HTC Evo4G+ LTE to ICS today and to my dismay, I have the same problem as you guys. I tried the "Don't Keep Activities" suggestion but i still get the same white HTC screen when pressing home. I also noticed that the phone restarts when I'm in a low network coverage area. Please help me guys. I don't know what to do since HTC is not that popular here in the Philippines, I feel helpless. :/

The informant

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, or was I guess you can say. What I did was I cleared the cache from HTC Sense and turned off my phone. I noticed that it happened less frequently when I did this but ever since I removed the HTC Music widget, it hasn't restarted since. You should give it a try by removing a widget from your phone. Maybe it has to do with RAM? Not sure, but I barely did this yesterday and as of right now I haven't gotten it since.