Special files *

SkateTrash420

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi i have a galaxy Centura tacphone thats rooted and has cwm recovery on it...i was wondering if there was a way to change permissions to change and edit special files...for example id like to edit my fstab but cant because its a special file....any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted then use a file manager such as Root Explorer (anything that can edit system level files) and navigate to the files and enable write. Be sure to make a backup of any files you edit just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

SkateTrash420

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
ive got rom toolbox pro and have changed permissions to -rwxrwxrwx 0777 however it doesnt save after editing with rb text editor because its a special file (has a *) ive tried everything i can think of and no luck.....it also does'nt let me swap out the file with root browser

SkateTrash420

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
id like to diasable the use of special files using the [no]dev command using a #shell however im not sure what the right syntax is....i think its..... busybox mount -o [no]dev *

SkateTrash420

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
i know you can make the root of the device rw using this command...... busybox mount -o remount,rw ./
then.....chmod 0777 ./
im looking for a simple command like that will allow me to edit special files+ pull them using adb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87