Nexus4 - Google Voice Search - "Can't reach google at the moment"

werewhelk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
My first post here, I'm very new to Android so I'm hoping I'm just doing something foolish.
Google Voice search used to work fine, but it has suddenly stopped working, and all I get is "Can't reach Google at the moment".

I speak, it says "recognising" and then it fails without converting any of my speech. See screen shots here:
Flickr: werewhelk's Photostream

The phone is able to convert my voice in other tools such as texting etc, only Google Search fails - but I can search fine using the keyboard entry.

I'm running Android version 4.2.2 on a Nexus 4.
The app version is 2.3.11.575405. From the App Info screen I've tried "Clear Data", "Clear Cache" and "Uninstall Updates" but nothing has fixed it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Tim

heiligkuh

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Be sure to check your date/time settings including the time zone. I had this issue and found the date on my phone was in the past.

Jayden Hoang

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It happened the same thing to my Samsung galaxy S4. I tried to search from internet but no solution works. Finally I can figure by myself.
1. Turn on Wifi
2. Go to App then Google Play Store
3. Search Google Voice and install. The logo is blue color with the phone, totally different with microphone. You must have both in order to work all the apps: maps, navigator, google search, etc.
4. After installation, go back to text message and try. It should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress