HELP with contact clean up , i'm drowning in contact it's a mess

patricebarrette

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

on my phone i have contact from 3 different place ( SD card , sim card , phone storage ) and i have web google contact ,
So what is the best way to have all my contact in one place and all clean up without loosing any of them
i've tried merge , join .... and it is still a mess , can someone please tell me the step so i'm not loss in all my contact
and if i change phone in a couple of month i can have the same contact in my phone in one place so i can search in one place and add contact in one place
and what is the best way to sync contact with my google account

and thank's in advance for all your help

pat :confused:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, your best bet is to sync contacts to Google and let them reside there... Whenever you change phones, the contacts will automatically download and sync, but the main storage will always be Google. Also, you need to make sure the "Contact Sync" options is enabled under your Google Account settings (Settings/Accounts/Google).

But first, you might need to do a little clean up. Merge all the necessary contacts into one and make sure those are synced to Google (you can check in a computer, just log into your account). Once that's done, you can try the following:

1) You're seeing multiple contacts because you're storing the same ones in different locations. You can select, under the settings, to view only the contacts stored on your phone, hiding those found in your SD card and SIM Card... If you merged them properly with the ones in your phone, you should only 'lose' the duplicates and still retain your proper contact list.

2) If you are certain (by checking on the webpage) that your contact list is securely and properly saved to Google's servers, then delete all the contacts in your SIM Card and SD Card. That should leave only the contacts stored in your phone, which are the same ones synced to Google's server.

Hope it helps!

patricebarrette

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
thank's for the tip's now my phone is displaying only contact on the phone

how do i delete the sim and sd card contact safely

is it possible for the contact picture to be sync to google back-up

pat

merlin7777777

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a contacts nightmare too.

I have an s4 and two laptops. I use outlook extensively on both laptops.

All i want is to manage my contacts in outlook on both laptops and phone and use the phone to keep both outlooks synced. I have only found one app which syncs all aspects of outlook, vcorganzer ent+, but i've ended up in a mess. My outlook is now polluted with multiple contacts, split contacts where there is a seperate contact for each phone number (which i'm desperate to merge) and all my linkedin and facebook contacts, which i don't want in outlook.

I've got around 1K contacts so i don't really want to process each by hand and the piggy bank is empty after buying the phone and third party app. I like outlook and dont want to use googlemail or contacts even though i'm forced to have a gmail account with android (don't want to manage my contacts online at all).

I'm o desperate i'm considering going back to my blackberry torch!. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds