Android 4.2.2: Disable alternatives menu when screen is locked

skallemann

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys & gals.

My first post on this forum. I apologize if I'm posting to the wrong group. :)

I recently bought a Samsung S4 Active (i9295), which is my first Android phone. And I'm just learning the ropes currently. But one thing is bugging me: If I press the button on the right side of the phone (power button?) when the screen is locked, and then press it again and keep it pressed, a menu will appear giving me the option to restart or turn off the telephone. Is it possible to disable this menu when the screen is locked? I've noticed a few times already that I've managed to turn off or restart the phone when having it in my pocket. The button has probably been pressed when I've been leaning forward or something. In any case, I wish that when the screen is locked, it remains locked until typing the pin code or the unlock pattern. Is this possible?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all, welcome to Android! Second, you're actually the first person I've read that wants this gone hehe Most people want it BACK when manufacturers take it out :p

In any case, I don't think you can, at least not in the stock version... You could try to install a lockscreen replacement like WidgetLocker or GoLocker; maybe those block the power button's functions and limit them to turning the screen on... And, of course, rooting is another course of action and maybe someone out there has an S4-Active ROM with that feature disabled.