Viewing images from my DSLR

botty1963

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I decided to purchase a new camera bag with a section to carry around my Tablet, a Fujitsu M532 running Jelly Bean. The main reason was so that when we're on holidays, I can view the photos on the bigger screen direct from the camera - a Canon EOS 7D and them delete them if I don't like them. I've read some information on the internet and it seemed that I would need to download one of the Apps that also gives you the ability to control the camera from the Tablet; I'm not really bothered about that, but always there if I wanted it. So I downloaded DSLR Controller, and paid my ?5.94. In theory as soon as you switch on the powered up camera the Tablet should detect it and hey presto. Well mine doesn't, and also if I select the option to search for it, no joy. I have purchased the correct cable converters to get the Tablet's Micro-USB into the Camera's Mini-USB and the cables work fine away from this set-up. I'm assuming that my Tablet is just incompatible, but surely there must be some way around this. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Mike_47

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my Nikon DSLR, and this is what I learned... Imagine that I have connected the DSLR camera's SD card directly to a Nexus 7 tablet, or my Nexus 4 phone via OTG cable. How will the Android device read 1,000+ images to find the one I want to edit? Thus, doing it this way is not supported. SOLUTION: use a WiFi card, or send the image you want to edit to yourself via email from your PC. C'est la vie ;-)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The app would need to support the device and camera models you are using. Even then, its possible verify difficult to get the two to read one another. As mentioned above, you'll either need a wifi enabled card that can be detected by the tablet or some other means to transfer the files to the tablet (via PC).

Also, the website says the device as 1 memory card slot. Is this true? If so, what type of memory card does it accept? Micro SD, SD? If it's a micro sd card you can purchase a micro sd > sd card adapter and use that to capture photos with the Canon then insert the micro sd into the tablet (make sense?). That's if you have a micro sd card slot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress