android.process.acore crashes constantly - Android 4.1.2 LG-LS720

awest147

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
My phone has become more or less unusable. Initially, it would display the message "Unfortunately, android.process.acore has stopped" anytime I did something that involved checking contacts - typing a name or number into messaging or gmail, saving a dialed number as a contact, etc. In addition, from time to time the display would glitch - certain characters would fail to display while others would stretch across the screen, leaving large pixelated triangles. On the suggestion of another Android Central user, I attempted to resolve the issue by deleting the data for Contacts and Contacts Storage. As soon as I did, I began to receive constant messages informing me that android.process.acore has stopped. Contacts wouldn't load, no messaging apps would load. Several restarts had no effect. I have performed two factory resets, which have also had no effect.

Could someone please provide assistance? I am running Android 4.1.2 on a LG-LS720. My carrier is Virgin Mobile USA.

awest147

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Just cleared the cache partition, to no avail. I'm attempting to upload a screenshot of the text glitch, if my phone will cooperate.

Jack Fitch

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
My phone has become more or less unusable. Initially, it would display the message "Unfortunately, android.process.acore has stopped" anytime I did something that involved checking contacts - typing a name or number into messaging or gmail, saving a dialed number as a contact, etc. In addition, from time to time the display would glitch - certain characters would fail to display while others would stretch across the screen, leaving large pixelated triangles. On the suggestion of another Android Central user, I attempted to resolve the issue by deleting the data for Contacts and Contacts Storage. As soon as I did, I began to receive constant messages informing me that android.process.acore has stopped. Contacts wouldn't load, no messaging apps would load. Several restarts had no effect. I have performed two factory resets, which have also had no effect.

Could someone please provide assistance? I am running Android 4.1.2 on a LG-LS720. My carrier is Virgin Mobile USA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty