dual sim: how to disable completely data for the second sim

Marco Smotckins

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Be.SOCIAL SC020 with Android 4.1.2, which has two SIM slots.

I want to make sure that SIM2 never, ever connects to the Internet, though I do want to use it for calls and SMSs.

Under Settings, I can't find any setting for enabling/disabling data completely per-sim. (There is an option for enabling/disabling data *roaming* per sim).
There _is_ a setting under Data Usage for putting a limit for data consumption: there you can set a warning threshold and a limit. However, while the warning can be set to 0MB, the lowest value you can set for the limit is 1MB (I know, so stupid...).

Up to now, I haven't detected any data usage on sim2, but my fear is that at any moment when the data network for sim1 may become temporarily unavailable for any reason, sim2 may be used for data. Even if I have set the 1MB limit, sim2's operator will charge me a fixed amount per week if I use non-zero data.

So how do I disable data completely for sim2 while keeping data enabled for sim1 and keeping sim2 enabled for voice and sms?

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I want to make sure that SIM2 never, ever connects to the Internet, though I do want to use it for calls and SMSs.

Under Settings, I can't find any setting for enabling/disabling data completely per-sim. (There is an option for enabling/disabling data *roaming* per sim).
There _is_ a setting under Data Usage for putting a limit for data consumption: there you can set a warning threshold and a limit. However, while the warning can be set to 0MB, the lowest value you can set for the limit is 1MB (I know, so stupid...).

Up to now, I haven't detected any data usage on sim2, but my fear is that at any moment when the data network for sim1 may become temporarily unavailable for any reason, sim2 may be used for data. Even if I have set the 1MB limit, sim2's operator will charge me a fixed amount per week if I use non-zero data.

So how do I disable data completely for sim2 while keeping data enabled for sim1 and keeping sim2 enabled for voice and sms?

hey marco try this hope this helps if not give me a shout Dual Sim Mobile Phones Support | What is a Dual Sim Phone? | FreeYourMobile.com aslso can you upload a photo of settings so we can try and help cheers

makaka

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In settings - mobile network - data connection you are asked to assign mobile data connection to either Sim card or switch it off completely. On your phone settings menu might be different, but the logic is the same. Plus in the notifications area there should be the data connection switch which goes straight to the Sim card selection.

Posted via Android Central App

omaroumi

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem. There is no special setting for turning Data On or Off for the 2 slots individually.
What I did is that I went to slot 2 (sim2) and added another character (number or letter) to the APN name, so that it will never try to connect because of the incorrect APN.

Hope this helps.

Omar

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've got kitkat running on my phone and could be different than yours. Just in case this is the way it works for me.

Go to settings > dual sim > click on mobile data and select chip. This is the thing, tap on the "mobile data" text not on the on/off switch.

Attachments

• 1410779841413.jpg
    1410779841413.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 11

Rohan Agrawal1

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Go to settings---Device settings---Sim card Manager----Data service manager----choose the Sim

Max Pillong

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for digging up this thread, but it seemed reasonable, as my problem is basically the same. I own an HTC One M8 Dual SIM and currently run it with a german and a swiss SIM card, as I commute a lot. I have data options on both cards, and can run the one in Slot 1 just fine, but I can't seem to deactivate the data option for Slot 1 and use the one in Slot 2 exclusively (It just says 'Disconnected' in the Mobile Data option). Even if I completely disable SIM 1 and only run SIM 2 (which also greys out the selection of the preferred data connection), it can't seem to connect properly. Did I get something wrong here? Shouldn't it be possible to run data exclusively over SIM 2?

Thanks and Cheers,
M

Roshaan28

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to disable sim internet

I m continuously losing my balance on android version 5
Need help for disabling Internet connection with sim

sajaldas

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to disable sim internet

I saw my recharge guy do it before but i forgot where was the option. Rohan Agrawal's answer worked for me :
I am using Samsung E7, Android Kitkat : Goto Settings => SIM card manager => Data service network => We have 3 options here :Sim1, Sim2 and Disable mobile data.
Hope I it will be useful for someone,
Thanks.

moszizolifly

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi!
I have an ASUS Zenfone 2 with dual sim. (551ml), with android 5.0 but with special ASUS (ZEN UI) program. There is no prompt for enable/disable any data on the sim cards. At the moment only sim 1 can use data, no sim 2 available. I would like to use sim 2 for data. How can I do that?

zeide

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. I want to disable voice and text messaging on my data only sim in Sim 1. I have a tablet sim plan on my zenfone 2 in the sim 1 slot and a voice only plan in my sim 2. I want to make sure that sim 1 does not allow any calls or text messages through. Thanks

boredbora

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem. There is no special setting for turning Data On or Off for the 2 slots individually.
What I did is that I went to slot 2 (sim2) and added another character (number or letter) to the APN name, so that it will never try to connect because of the incorrect APN.

Hope this helps.

Omar

Nice trick. Solved the problem for me. Thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress