Provider in upperleft corner since Android 4.4.2

Da_Robb

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Goodmorning,

Yesterday I updated my Huawei P6 to Buildnumber: P6-U06V100R001C00B512.
This includes Android 4.4.2 & EmotionUI 2.3.

After the update the name of my provider always stands in the upperleftcorner (see screenshot with the red circle)... And I don't like that!
I don't like my space wasted like this...

Can't find the option to hide it...
Does someone know how I can do this?

Thanks!

Screenshot_2014-08-12-08-31-46-red circle.jpg

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Depending on your region, that is required and there isn't a way around that unless you root and modify the system. Installing a third party launcher will work, but you'll loose the look/feel of the stock launcher. Many prefer the third party ones, such as Nova or Apex, as opposed to the stock one.

Since both offer free versions, it may be worth the time to try those out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Is the option to turn off the network provider not available under Settings>More>Mobile networks?

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Da_Robb

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Depending on your region, that is required and there isn't a way around that unless you root and modify the system. Installing a third party launcher will work, but you'll loose the look/feel of the stock launcher. Many prefer the third party ones, such as Nova or Apex, as opposed to the stock one.

I'll try :)

Da_Robb

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

I don't think that this is what i am looking for....
But thanks!

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Aaah.... my apologies.

Being in the 4.4 section I didn't focus on which version you were running. On 4.4 there is the option to turn the network ID off.