Computer reading phone data incorrectly question

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that if you connect your phone to your computer and then say, download an attachment or edit a photo, the computer doesn't show the changes. The new attachment or photo will not show on the computer. If you delete something or write over a file, the old files will still show on your computer. I've ejected the device, rebooted the device, refreshed Windows Explorer, almost everything except reboot the computer. The only thing I 've found to work immediately is deleting the driver and letting it reinstall. A lot of effort to see an updated file directory. Why does it do this? HOW can it happen? This happens with all 3 of my devices - Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. They are all on KitKat but it did it on JellyBean too. I'm on Windows 7.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that if you connect your phone to your computer and then say, download an attachment or edit a photo, the computer doesn't show the changes. The new attachment or photo will not show on the computer. If you delete something or write over a file, the old files will still show on your computer. I've ejected the device, rebooted the device, refreshed Windows Explorer, almost everything except reboot the computer. The only thing I 've found to work immediately is deleting the driver and letting it reinstall. A lot of effort to see an updated file directory. Why does it do this? HOW can it happen? This happens with all 3 of my devices - Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. They are all on KitKat but it did it on JellyBean too. I'm on Windows 7.
Refresh the window when it's open on the computer desktop. There shouldn't be a need to uninstall drivers and reinstall just to see a newly added file.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Refresh the window when it's open on the computer desktop. There shouldn't be a need to uninstall drivers and reinstall just to see a newly added file.

Doesn't work. Just like disconnecting and reconnecting, which should pull the directory again, doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress