How do I get rid of the circle icon with line through it at the top of my phone?

Allesha Tayler

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
how to get rid of circle icon with line through it at the top of my phone

ever since i did the upgrade i now have an icon at the top of my phone that is a circle with a line through it and it's killing my battery and i have no clue how to get rid of it

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to get rid of circle icon with line through it at the top of my phone

Welcome to the forums. I would guess it has to do with your cell signal. What carrier do you have?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Circle with slash means you tapped the volume button and then selected "None". It means you are in silent mode.

PS: I'd doubt that it is responsible for killing your battery.

Screenshot_2014-11-20-11-47-00.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Lucky

alanlost

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

ever since i did the upgrade i now have an icon at the top of my phone that is a circle with a line through it and it's killing my battery and i have no clue how to get rid of it

On your volume control you can select "none" "priority" or "all" calls to ring through and you can set each contact to be in one of those groups. If you have the circle with the line through it you have selected "none" and no calls you receive will ring through. It has nothing to do with phone volume.

MaryMR

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Perfect, thank you. I had also inadvertently chosen "none" after pressing volume and did not notice that icon appear at the time. I also thought something was wrong.

mjbrock333

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

It means that your WiFi calling button is on. Go to your settings & turn it off and that should fix it

C Erwin

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

I have a Samsung note 3 and the circle slash has appeared next to only one of my contact phone numbers. It is the number that is most important to receive calls from, but when she phones me it does not ring; she is sent directly to voicemail. I do not have the none, priority, or all option when I press volume. Help?

Destiny Aspell

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site

I have the galaxy core prime and have no idea how I even turned the thing on but I need to be able to call asap so how do I turn this off?