Is there an app that can clear recent apps history (or at least Google searches)?

madbucky

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Clear recent apps history (or at least google searches)

The Lollipop Recent Apps is driving me crazy. It has way too much clutter (50 cards). Also privacy issues since its shows my emails and google search history from weeks ago.

Are there any apps that can clear the recent apps history?

Or at least, is there a way to clear or prevent every google search from showing up in the Recent Apps list? That's what's causing the most clutter and privacy concern since every search is a different card and persists for weeks.

I'm using Nexus 9 tablet. Thanks.

madbucky

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Clear recent apps history (or at least google searches)

Things I've tried:

I tried Advanced Task Manager by Infolife to kill apps, but it did not clear the recent apps list. (I understand the concept of not killing apps in Android. That's not what I'm trying to do. Although if that can accomplish my goal, then I'm ok with running it manually.)

I've tried to do Settings > Apps > Google Search > Clear Data, which did remove the google searches from the Recent Apps, but it also cleared all my home screen settings.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Clear recent apps history (or at least google searches)

Not that I'm aware of, no. Lollipop counts on user profiles and app pinning for privacy when you share your phone.