Galaxy S4 - Update to 5.0.1

HC1Gunner

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I attempted to send a text using a copy/paste, and my phone said some characters may not appear change the settings to Automatic, and the text went through with out issue.. I'm using the default Samsung keyboard, and the next time I went to text, my keyboard appears to be un-docked, but the biggest issue is, it shrunk, its now smaller. You can now grab the top of it, and move it anywhere on the screen you want. Even if I rotate my phone onto its side, it still remains small. In either position it does not fill the entire screen at the bottom. I have large fingers, its small enough as it is, without being hit by a shrink ray. The other major problem is, instead of the text window moving from the bottom of the screen to up above the keyboard, it just remains underneath the KB, and you can't see what you are typing.

Under settings for the default Text messages, I change the setting back from to GSM Alphabet, but it made no difference. I restarted my phone hoping that something had just went out of whack, but a restart did not fix the problem, same was true for cold boot.

Galaxy S4 AT&T on 5.0.1

Help Please !

Last edited:

HC1Gunner

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Resolved, I hit restore to default settings, and it fixed whatever the issue was. Weird thing is I took note of all the settings, and after I restored to default, no changes could be seen to any of the settings. Maybe one more Lollipop bug?

Speedy3

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Resolved, I hit restore to default settings, and it fixed whatever the issue was. Weird thing is I took note of all the settings, and after I restored to default, no changes could be seen to any of the settings. Maybe one more Lollipop bug?
Please give me the detailed steps to help me restore my keyboard. It is driving me crazy.