I hate the Round Pics!

Johnny1961

May 6, 2015
Visit site
On Saturday, I purchased a Note 4, and within less than 24 hours the Lollipop Update hit my phone. I've been a long time iphone user and decided to make the switch because I loved how different the Note 4 looked. I had even commented to the sales clerk how much I hated it when Apple hacked my contacts and forced their pics to appear in tiny circles. I was thrilled that the Note 4 had large, bold pictures in their contacts and not those idiotic little circles. My phone now looks like the iphone that I just left. If Samsung and Google feel the need to make their phone look like an iPhone that doesn't speak well of their product. The people at the AT&T store told me that it was Samsung's goal to make their products look more like the iphone. Another reason I switched was that I was told the Note 4 allows you to have more choice on how your phone looks. I don't see those options. I'm still under the 14 day window and I'm thinking about paying the restocking fee and going back to the iphone. Funny thing is the iphone know gives you the option to have the Round Pics or go back to the full size ones. If anyone knows how I can make my pics in my contacts customizable like the iphone allows you to do know, please let me know. I hate the Round Pics!

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
On Saturday, I purchased a Note 4, and within less than 24 hours the Lollipop Update hit my phone. I've been a long time iphone user and decided to make the switch because I loved how different the Note 4 looked. I had even commented to the sales clerk how much I hated it when Apple hacked my contacts and forced their pics to appear in tiny circles. I was thrilled that the Note 4 had large, bold pictures in their contacts and not those idiotic little circles. My phone now looks like the iphone that I just left. If Samsung and Google feel the need to make their phone look like an iPhone that doesn't speak well of their product. The people at the AT&T store told me that it was Samsung's goal to make their products look more like the iphone. Another reason I switched was that I was told the Note 4 allows you to have more choice on how your phone looks. I don't see those options. I'm still under the 14 day window and I'm thinking about paying the restocking fee and going back to the iphone. Funny thing is the iphone know gives you the option to have the Round Pics or go back to the full size ones. If anyone knows how I can make my pics in my contacts customizable like the iphone allows you to do know, please let me know. I hate the Round Pics!

Posted via the Android Central App

When people talk about customizing the look of the phone, 90% of the time it's by using 3rd party apps like launchers and setting 3rd party apps as defaults for mail, sms, etc. from the Play Store. I'm not sure if the themes have made it to the Note 4 quite yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming shortly. I know the S6 shipped with themes. I don't use a Samsung phone, so I'm not positive what you can do for customizing contacts photos out of the box. Maybe one of the launchers in the Play Store will allow this. My M9 still uses the larger, more square style.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch