Priority/Silent Mode

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 5 - was trying to set the sounds so everything would be "silent" at night, except for phone calls. Doing a search, I discovered there used to be a silent mode, and now it's called Priority Mode with the 5.0 Lollipop, which I have. However, I cannot find any Priority settings or a Silent Mode. The closest I come up with is something called DO NOT DISTURB, but I have no idea where to find the settings. Plus, if everyone else has this Priority Mode, why doesn't it show up on my Samsung Galaxy 5 under Sounds and NOtifiications?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 5 - was trying to set the sounds so everything would be "silent" at night, except for phone calls. Doing a search, I discovered there used to be a silent mode, and now it's called Priority Mode with the 5.0 Lollipop, which I have. However, I cannot find any Priority settings or a Silent Mode. The closest I come up with is something called DO NOT DISTURB, but I have no idea where to find the settings. Plus, if everyone else has this Priority Mode, why doesn't it show up on my Samsung Galaxy 5 under Sounds and NOtifiications?

Try looking for something called "Interruptions" in your sound settings. If that's not there, what other options do you see when you go to Settings -> Sounds and Notifications?

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Under Sounds and notifications, I first have the controls for Ringtone, Media, notifications and system. Then, Sound Mode, Vibration Intensity, Vibrate when ringing, ringtones, vibrations, notification ringtone and other sounds. Below than under Notification, I have Do Not Disturb, While Locked, and application notifications. Nothing about "interruptions." Do NOt DIsturb is the closest I get to anything like that. Must be strictly an AT&T thing.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Under Sounds and notifications, I first have the controls for Ringtone, Media, notifications and system. Then, Sound Mode, Vibration Intensity, Vibrate when ringing, ringtones, vibrations, notification ringtone and other sounds. Below than under Notification, I have Do Not Disturb, While Locked, and application notifications. Nothing about "interruptions." Do NOt DIsturb is the closest I get to anything like that. Must be strictly an AT&T thing.
That's strange.. See if this guide is of any help to you: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/setup-interruptions-android-lollipop-do-not-disturb/

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks- I did come across that posting in my searches. I have nothing in any setting about Priority or Interruptions.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks- I did come across that posting in my searches. I have nothing in any setting about Priority or Interruptions.
Would you mind posting screenshots of what you see in the Sounds and Notifications settings? Also press the volume up or volume down button and choose priority mode. Now take a screenshot and post it here please

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
THe only thing I get when the volume buttons are pressed is the sliding volume controls. There is nothing about "Priority" there at all, or in any of the settings.
I believe that the DO NOT DISTURB thing in the Sounds and NOtification settings is the closest I come to it. It is apparently an AT&T thing. It seems to do what I want it to. I appreciate your responses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez