Why can't I copy and paste a number into the dialer after the Lollipop 5.1.1 update?

khaleed

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Can't copy and paste number into dialler after lollipop 5.1.1 update

I used to be able to copy telephone numbers from google chrome and paste into the dialler. After the lollipop 5.1.1 update I am unable to do so any longer. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

digital01

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't copy and paste number into dialler after lollipop 5.1.1 update

I used to be able to copy telephone numbers from google chrome and paste into the dialler. After the lollipop 5.1.1 update I am unable to do so any longer. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

If you go to the key pad where you dail numbers,
And hold the screen just above not the 1,2 or 3 and no where else you'll be able to paste in there

taebin

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue with my Note 5 - running 5.1.1

If Android recognizes a telephone number, you can copy it to the dialing screen, but not all numbers are recognized as telephone numbers,
so you can't copy and paste it manually into the dialing screen.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Try just tapping the number instead of long-pressing.

sloades

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem (Note 5). Just discovered the solution...

The trouble is, the dialler doesn't display the number field you're trying to paste into, until you start typing. So, type a number - say, '0' - to display the number field. You should now be able to paste as normal.

lizzie19

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Try double-tapping the number and you will get both handles showing so that you can then copy it.

Sotos Soteriou

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
i tried this.

on the new update the region to PASTE the tel number is very low in the white space

Try the following. press on the white area just above the keypad. (its quite a small area). you will see the paste prompt come up

let me know how you get on.

regards EFL7377

Attachments

• paste tel.jpg
    paste tel.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member