What exactly happens when I restrict data background in Marshmallow?

A

AC Question

what exactly happens when i restrict data background in marshmallow

i just received the marshmallow update on my lg g3, and when i go to the battery setting, and hold click on the battery saver, there is an option to restrict apps in the background. if i check the box does that mean i wont receive email notifications?

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: what exactly happens when i restrict data background in marshmallow

i just received the marshmallow update on my lg g3, and when i go to the battery setting, and hold click on the battery saver, there is an option to restrict apps in the background. if i check the box does that mean i wont receive email notifications?

You will still but it's just saying that it will not allow as many apps to run in the background consuming RAM and Battery life it's kinda like on Windows you have let's say 10 or so programs running and you need to save laptop battery life so you shut down and only have 2 running

Restricting Data in the background helps conserve your data allotment for the month (unless you have unlimited) so apps cannot continuous use data when you don't have the app open.

You can access a "Sync" option in the notification bar quick buttons that will allow you to turn sync off for everything email related and if you want to truly save battery life and data I'd turn that off :)