Write permissions sd card marshmallow 6.0

Bex86

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been googling for hours trying to find a solution to my problem, which is trying to edit music titles on my sd card.

I've tried apps that claim to edit your music titles, you know itag, mp3ditor and they don't work. I got excited with Black Music Player, with built in editor and it looked promising.....even let me edit the song title and artist name. But when I exited the app and went back in, all my hard work mysteriously disappeared and the original title was back.

I like my music organised, and I have a lot of music titles I want to edit. Quite a few tracks and albums are under unknown artist...

So this looks like it's a marshmallow problem, I could edit before on lollipop, now I can't. Is there any way around this without being too technical.....like having to 'root' the phone, whatever that means lol and without changing my sd card to internal storage, I've heard it's not a good idea. I have a LG G4 with marshmallow 6.0

Any ideas would be great 😊
Thanks,
Beck.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
When you install the editing app, did you set the permissions? You have to do it manually sometimes or it will ask you before installing.

Bex86

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Yea I sure did, It shows you what to do with pics, I selected the sd card before editing and saving.....I've been reading lots of forums and it seems there are lots of issues with sd card on marshmallow 6.0