Grayscale Screen gone with MM update - Is this a Google change or Maker or Provider

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE 8-14-16: SOLVED (workaround) here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...got-rid-grayscale-screen-anyone-know-why.html

I only recently got the Note 4 and love it! I'm coming off my SG3 w/KitKat that I loved too.
I particularly loved the Grayscale screen option found under PowerSaving options. This was a selling point for me. As an avid reader, the Note 4 is terrific for reading but that requires a lot of screen on time even on low brightness and thus battery drain. I found the Grayscale screen very pleasant while reading and a power saver with screen on. It was also a good feature when needing to save battery but wanting to use normal features.

Now, the Marshmallow update which I like no longer has this feature. It's only under Ultra Power Saver which is not good for normal use as the apps I used with Grayscale are not available in Ultra Power Saver. That's really more for turning it into a basic old-style cellphone.
Power saving has now changed to no longer let the user pick which options it activates (or deactivates). It's all or nothing. It only dims the color screen which I can do. They didn't move it as a simple option to under Display either.

Does anyone know if this is the case with all phones and Marshmallow and thus a change by Google, or is this something Samsung chose to eliminate (or overlooked) in the update? I figure this wasn't something Verizon cared about changing, but then again...

I don't understand why they would eliminate a feature like that.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found your answer! Grayscale is not a "stock" Android feature, so it's not a Google feature.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member