LG G5 horrible speaker noise/random shut downs

Dylan223

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
So my cat had knocked a soda and it had splashed onto my phone but mostly just the bottom module part. My phone was still working it had flashed to a screen saying that there was an incompatible module attached and to replace it. But then my phone came but to the regular screen and had been fine since then. The problem is that now when I go to play something with sound it makes horrible squeling noises and crackling noises not good sounding at all. And about 10 seconds after the horrible noise continues my phone completely shuts off. I bought a compatible LG g5 att bottom module, put it on and IT STILL MAKES THAT HORRILBE NOISE! I figured replacing the whole loudspeaker/usbport/Mic, the problem would be fixed.... Dose this mean that my phone it self is screwed up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the soda damaged more than just the bottom module. Unfortunately, warranty won't cover that, and sending it to a repair shop might also be a headache, since water damage can be unpredictable and involve multiple components. You could always ask for an estimate, but you may have to prepare yourself for a big repair bill, or just getting a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress