Note 10+ horrible signal vs. LG signal much better

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Before I have to go out and buy yet *another* phone I'm wondering if there is anything I can do in the settings or ??? to fix this.

My Note 10+ has a horrible signal where we live. For example: I cannot download from the Play Store. The download request just keeps circling and circling and goes nowhere and I've tried this 4-6 times in various locations including not at home. I sat in the same chair in the same room and within minutes of one another and was able to download the same bank app on my husbands phone (LG Stylo 6) in a matter of seconds. I had to go to a public wi-fi and sit in my car in the parking lot at Subway to get enough signal to download a phone update a couple weeks ago. My Note 10+ signal is also lousy at work.

I don't understand how a very expensive phone (Samsung) can have worse service than a brand new LG phone? It makes no sense to me. What can I do, if anything, to fix this?

Thank you,
Deb

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The price of the phone is irrelevant if there is a problem. Are you having trouble downloading on wifi or your cell signal?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
And now that I think back, husband's previous LG8 was about as bad as my Note so I'd have to agree with you on the cost of the phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I will agree on Samsung's signal. I've noticed some signal issues starting my with the note 10, the S20 which got real bad with the note 20U. I was dropping calls a lot, steadily got worse with the note 20U. I was thinking it was because of the 5G switching over. I got the fold 2 and I hardly drop calls, and I travel the same areas all the time. Where i constantly dropped calls with the note 20U, I never drop calls with the fold 2. So who knows, but IMO, the note 10, S20, and note 20 series is not as good in the signal area.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I will agree on Samsung's signal. I've noticed some signal issues starting my with the note 10, the S20 which got real bad with the note 20U. I was dropping calls a lot, steadily got worse with the note 20U. I was thinking it was because of the 5G switching over. I got the fold 2 and I hardly drop calls, and I travel the same areas all the time. Where i constantly dropped calls with the note 20U, I never drop calls with the fold 2. So who knows, but IMO, the note 10, S20, and note 20 series is not as good in the signal area.

Agreed. I guess there must be no way to fix this on my existing phone and I'm going to be forced to spend a few hundred bucks to get me another phone. This sucks.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I guess there must be no way to fix this on my existing phone and I'm going to be forced to spend a few hundred bucks to get me another phone. This sucks.
I know it sucks. I don't lose calls on my fold 2, constantly lost them with those other phones,gradually got worse from note 10, S20, and note 20 being the worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali