Storage of android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Guys I have Huawei honor 4x
Actually I have 8G in room but I see just 3G when I update my phone to Android 6
Help me please !!!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The 8GB is the total size of the internal storage.
The OS and other files take about 5 GB leaving you with only about 3GB for your files and other apps, as you are seeing. 8GB is a very small amount of storage space to start with.

Get an SD card and use it to hold your media files (documents, photos, music, videos).
Some apps that use lots of data storage space (camera, maps, GPS navigation, games) will let you store their data on the SD card. See the settings of the individual apps to find out if this is an option for that app.

mulife

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
internal storage changes !!

guys !!
need help
i have huawei honor 4x
and 8GB is the total size of the internal storage.
but when i uptade a new firmware it be 3GB

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: internal storage changes !!

Evidently the new firmware needs more space, so it repartitioned storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the total internal storage the phone is reporting is how much is available to the user. They're not counting the 5 GB taken up by the OS and bloatware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So here's the problem: an 8 GB phone will usually only have about 3 GB of available storage for the user, after accounting for the OS and any bloatware. Since modern apps are getting bigger and bigger these days, an 8 GB phone is virtually unusable, unless you're only going to use it for very basic things (like calls and texts). You can try to maximize what little storage you have by following the tips in my guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html. But realistically, you may just have to consider getting a new phone with at least 32 GB of internal storage (even 16 GB is probably too little for most people).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith