Facebook website

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed n a friend's iPhone last night that if he went to the Facebook website from his Google chrome browser that he was still able to access his Facebook messages. If I try to do the same thing however, get automatically redirected to the key store in order to download Messenger which obviously I don't want to have. Thanks I don't get it. Does anyone have any insight as to why his chrome browser would work, and mine wouldn't ? thank you for the suggestions.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I can't help you with the why, but on my N6 I can see and reply to my messages from the web version of Facebook

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't help you with the why, but on my N6 I can see and reply to my messages from the web version of Facebook
See how, that's just weird. I can see my news feed , and do everything else except look and replay back to Facebook messages. Ts really annoying because I'd rather delete the Facebook lite app I've been using In leu f the web version of course if everything were to work correctly.

5e7ffabfbffdef3fced7dcd427e7497d.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had Facebook messenger installed on my phone once before but you're right, regardless, I don't get why it's forcing me to just install messenger. Especially if it is still giving you the options not both. It's frustrating...

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
it was doing this to me after I deleted messenger off my phone... all you have to do is hit the back button and go to it again... it's gonna get annoying quick tho bc it will prompt you ever time you try to go to a different person message

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
it was doing this to me after I deleted messenger off my phone... all you have to do is hit the back button and go to it again... it's gonna get annoying quick tho bc it will prompt you ever time you try to go to a different person message
Yeah I gotcha unfortunately. I have one of the Facebook lite apps on my phone, which works well enough but thanks for the suggestions though . I appreciate it.