[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, found it. I see that it has an exclusion for Nexus. Does it run on Nexus 4G with Gyanogen 7.1?

I am looking for an app to create demo videos for my app.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I will give it a try and if it will work for me will get the pro version.

Edit: the frequent nag screen was a turn off for me. Uninstalled.

Last edited:

robisaks

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
The plan is to enable custom pointers. We have been too busy working on enabling Galaxy Nexus and Tegra 3 for the past month. We will assign a portion of development time to go through the list of bugs and needed features soon.

How is that coming along? I'm currently waiting for Galaxy Nexus support and I'm just curious if you've figured out how long it will take.

paulvictor

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I've tried the demo and it works great but before I buy the app I just have a few questions. I'm planning to do video game reviews and some games are quite heavy and make the recording a bit sluggish. When I play those games without the recorder they play fine. Is this something that is going to be fixed?

Also, the recorded video is showing the pixelated signs of compression. I think that's due to the framerate of the game even though the app's settings are set too maximum. Let know what you think.

Nokutisu

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I've tried the demo and it works great but before I buy the app I just have a few questions. I'm planning to do video game reviews and some games are quite heavy and make the recording a bit sluggish. When I play those games without the recorder they play fine. Is this something that is going to be fixed?

Also, the recorded video is showing the pixelated signs of compression. I think that's due to the framerate of the game even though the app's settings are set too maximum. Let know what you think.

Hi!
I'm also doing the same.
It all depends on your phone, rom, kernel.
You need power, or else you will get massive screen tears.
I'm using my Droid Razr fully overclocked going a little over 30 fps on the benchmark and i'm getting one or two screen tears every now and than.
But that only is in "heavy" games. Such as Minecraft, Zenonia, and other 3D oriented games.
2D games like cartoon wars and kairosoft games run perfectly fine and smooth. (For me)

And yeah, pixelated,lag,screen tears are all due to frame rate. I've tried screen cast on two older android phones and it shows that power and speed are a major key to have smooth playback.

.//Nokutisu

Reactions: mediasol

Terminal Addict

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Read a review at androidpolice.com that mentioned:

There is even a section to live cast your video feed, but that is still "Under Construction".

I have been looking for an app that could do that for a while now. More specifically, an app that could do it without having to be connected to the computer via USB, and at more than 5fps.

Is/Was this a planned feature? If this is an existing feature request, I would love to add a vote to it, and also a related request. I'm sure you must be aware of Rasperry Pi. It would be absolutely wonderful if there was a matching Fedora on ARM app specifically for outputting the stream fullscreen.

Even though it wasn't quite the app I was hoping, it is still pretty amazing. Great job.

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Read a review at androidpolice.com that mentioned:

I have been looking for an app that could do that for a while now. More specifically, an app that could do it without having to be connected to the computer via USB, and at more than 5fps.

Is/Was this a planned feature? If this is an existing feature request, I would love to add a vote to it, and also a related request. I'm sure you must be aware of Rasperry Pi. It would be absolutely wonderful if there was a matching Fedora on ARM app specifically for outputting the stream fullscreen.

Even though it wasn't quite the app I was hoping, it is still pretty amazing. Great job.

This feature was voted down by users and the screenshot mode was added instead.

Terminal Addict

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This feature was voted down by users and the screenshot mode was added instead.

Oh. How weird. The app requires root, but users are not running a ROM that already has a screenshot feature? I know you don't necessarily have to use a custom ROM if rooted, but it's kind of like having cereal without the milk.

I guess I'll just keep looking for something else then. Such a shame. This seemed like the closest project to enabling a killer feature.

PapaHepcat

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Any updates on Tegra 3 functionality? I'm itching to try it on my Transformer Prime. I saw on somewhere else that you have enough beta testers, but I'm open to testing if you need additional.

crashjohnson

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
could you please add this cursor to the app? Its a yellow circle with 75% opacity, the same size as the circles shapes you already have. In doing screencasts I've found the other cursors get lost fairly easily on dark screens. Thought this might help!

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
could you please add this cursor to the app? Its a yellow circle with 75% opacity, the same size as the circles shapes you already have. In doing screencasts I've found the other cursors get lost fairly easily on dark screens. Thought this might help!

This is one of the new features in the next release.

MadManolo

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
One question: will Screencast ever work on Tegra 2? Answer with YES or NO (I don't want details) if YES, how long till then? Answer with *approximate time* or I Don't Know or Can't Tell or Not too Long or Long Time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699