Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Timon Mulder

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to set up this?

I have now an event that my screen is off, Wifi turns off and than goes on 9 min later and again off. And so on.
But now I want for example download something from my Dropbox/Google Drive. It's a large file, so the screen turns off.... and because of that event the downloads will be canceled.
So I want to set up that when a program is downloading something and screens turns off, the wifi won't turned off, but only when files are downloaded.

colmunn

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Just found this thread. I've been using Llama for a while and have a query about whether Llama can run scripts. The dev doesn't seem to reply much to emails any more so I don't know if this is beyond Llama and I will have to bite the bullet and learn to use Tasker.
I have a simple script to run fstrim on my /data /cache and /system partitions ay 04:00 every day at /data/local/fstrim.sh Anyone had any success with scripts in Llama?
Thanks

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to set up this?

I have now an event that my screen is off, Wifi turns off and than goes on 9 min later and again off. And so on.
But now I want for example download something from my Dropbox/Google Drive. It's a large file, so the screen turns off.... and because of that event the downloads will be canceled.
So I want to set up that when a program is downloading something and screens turns off, the wifi won't turned off, but only when files are downloaded.

You could create a variable each for your Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. and modify your WiFi off into a conditional event, where if, say, your 'Dropbox' variable does not have a value of Yes, the event (WiFi off) will not fire. I think you'll also need to create this event for each variable you come up with:

Condtion: active/foreground app is Dropbox
Event: set Llama variable Dropbox to 'Yes'

You'd also want to set a queued event for when your active/foreground app is not Dropbox, etc., and the event for this condition would simply be to set Dropbox variable to 'No.' If you don't do this and modify your WiFi event like below, I think your WiFi will never turn off.

So your existing WiFi off event would look something like this:

Conditions:
1. 9 minutes elapsed since screen dimming (or however you have it worded already)
2. When 'Dropbox' does not have a value of 'Yes'
3. When 'Google Drive' does not have a value of 'Yes'

Event: Turn WiFi off (or however you have it worded already)

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I use a car charger, so I taught llama to start BT when I plug in my phone. This way Llama always knows when you need the BT. I have another rule to turn off BT 5 mins after i unplug. Reply if interested and i will paste the rules here.

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I also need a bit of help. I need a rule for saving battery. I had a rule before in which as soon as I turned off the screen the data would go off. Then I had another rule in which a delayed event was set-up in 10 minutes (to turn on data for 1 min), then off again. And it worked. But sadly I didn't back the rules when i updated the OS and lost them. Since i am not very good at logic, I can re-make this one by myself. Anyone?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I use a car charger, so I taught llama to start BT when I plug in my phone. This way Llama always knows when you need the BT. I have another rule to turn off BT 5 mins after i unplug. Reply if interested and i will paste the rules here.

Yeah, I'm interested in these events. Please post.

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I thought you had figured out a way to turn on BT only when your car charger is plugged in. The event you have right now must be turning it on whenever you plug your phone in to any AC charger, right?
Right, but that's cuz for some reason (maybe the cheap knock-off Chinese car charger, or the phone's inability to distinguish between an AC/DC and 12 V charge) the One doesn't know. So... I'm happy with it, it turns on the BT whenever I charge and turns it off in 5, my only BT connection is the car at the moment.

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Btw, does anybody knows how to turn off ALL toast notifications on Llama? And yes, I turned them off in Developer's menu, any other way?

Brogleo

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new to Llama and so far it is terrific! That being said I want to set up an action in my Left work event that after 530pm it does an action that sends my wife a text saying "I left work". I figured it would be something like run application, but I have no idea how to pass a string of text saying "I left work". Does anybody have this set up?

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm using an app called Better Direct Dial to initiate a text at a certain time. It sets up an outgoing text, but I enter the message and send it manually. Play with it and see if it meets your needs.

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Check out the 1st page, there's a guy there (greyopaque) asking for the same thing, he's using a Locale plugin, maybe PM him to ask for details?

s0arec

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I want to create a rule like this: if Volume=0 then change profile to Silent. I have looked into every setting of the app, but I can't seem to figure this out. I think I need to work with variables here. Can anyone help?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new to Llama and so far it is terrific! That being said I want to set up an action in my Left work event that after 530pm it does an action that sends my wife a text saying "I left work". I figured it would be something like run application, but I have no idea how to pass a string of text saying "I left work". Does anybody have this set up?

Download a SMS locale plugin app

Conditions ex. : between 5:30 and 6, when work wifi has disconnected
Actions : locale plugin sms app with text I left work

foobydoo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help me with this.. I would like to have it so that when my phone is linked to my car's bluetooth, llama will just read any texts/notifications that I get while driving.. For that matter, if there are any cool driving gestures (proximity sensor, etc) that Llama can do, I'd love to hear about them.. I know Tasker can do this stuff, but it is just a weeeee bit too complicated for me.

jeremyawilliams

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Llama for a few years now (and LOVE it) and have occasionally used Tasker, but I've run into a problem that I can't seem to solve on Llama and I'm worried I might need Tasker to solve it. Anyone have suggestions about how to accomplish the issue below with Llama?

I want my phone to be set to silent with no noises (media, notifications,etc.) or vibrations between 22:30 and 7:00 each day. Easy enough. However, I do want specific contacts (wife, parents, etc) to ring through and I also want my weather radio app to ring through. I can accomplish the "noisy contacts" with Llama, but can't figure out how to exclude my weather radio app from being put to silent overnight with everything else.

Any suggestions?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Llama for a few years now (and LOVE it) and have occasionally used Tasker, but I've run into a problem that I can't seem to solve on Llama and I'm worried I might need Tasker to solve it. Anyone have suggestions about how to accomplish the issue below with Llama?

I want my phone to be set to silent with no noises (media, notifications,etc.) or vibrations between 22:30 and 7:00 each day. Easy enough. However, I do want specific contacts (wife, parents, etc) to ring through and I also want my weather radio app to ring through. I can accomplish the "noisy contacts" with Llama, but can't figure out how to exclude my weather radio app from being put to silent overnight with everything else.

Any suggestions?

If it requires the apps to launch you could create an event with these apps in foreground condition and llama variable (when silent variable has a value of ON) and have llama switch notification volume on and as soon as the apps close, notification volume off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress