Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

herrdeh

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I love it and ever am struggling with a set of rules, which unlocks the screen lock at "home" - and locks it elsewhere. I cant really get along with it - which leads me to a question, for which I couldn't find an answer yet:
Is there a logfile where I can see what Llama actually does? - Meaning: Telling me, what are the conditions it's noticing, and what are the events triggered.
So - a logfile for debugging my rules, not to debug the app "llama"?

Apologies in advance, if this is an over-simple question.

Cheers,
Wolf

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I love it and ever am struggling with a set of rules, which unlocks the screen lock at "home" - and locks it elsewhere. I cant really get along with it - which leads me to a question, for which I couldn't find an answer yet:
Is there a logfile where I can see what Llama actually does? - Meaning: Telling me, what are the conditions it's noticing, and what are the events triggered.
So - a logfile for debugging my rules, not to debug the app "llama"?

Apologies in advance, if this is an over-simple question.

Cheers,
Wolf
Go to "event" tab. Tap the clock icon in the bottom right corner.

ZeBadger

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have written a number of scripts
1) Silent mode when at work
2) Send an SMS to reserve my train seat with CrossCrountry Trains for the journey home at 9:30am if I'm at work.
3) Send a text message to my missus if my train isn't at the penultimate station to mine by 18:05, telling her that I'm going to be late.

I've documented the last one on my blog

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This might sound like stupid question but what is the difference between "mobile data enabled / disabled" vs "mobile data connected / not connected"? Can someone show example of difference in usage add in not seeing it...many thx great app!

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, enabled/disable just mean that the "button" in on/off, and connected/disconnected means that your phone is actually connected/disconnected to the network...

Francesco Gorreri

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi everybody
I would need your kind support in order to solve this issue when I'm at work.

I want to switch the profile from Silent to Loud just when I'm on lunch break (from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM).
The canteen is just few meter distance from the office, so I can't play with zones and cells.

I've set an event on the time condition (from 1 PM to 2 PM), that triggers some actions, like "Loud Profile", "screen lock", .... , "Play a sound" (a notification to warn that the phone has become noisy).

The problem is that from 1PM to 2PM the event is repeated (even though I didn't set any repetition in Llama).
So during the lunch time I can hear many times the notification alert, because the action "Play a sound" gets constantly repeated. Indeed in the Events history I can read that the event has been repeated about every 2 minutes.

This is valid for each of the events created in Llama.

Please, how to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody
I would need your kind support in order to solve this issue when I'm at work.

I want to switch the profile from Silent to Loud just when I'm on lunch break (from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM).
The canteen is just few meter distance from the office, so I can't play with zones and cells.

I've set an event on the time condition (from 1 PM to 2 PM), that triggers some actions, like "Loud Profile", "screen lock", .... , "Play a sound" (a notification to warn that the phone has become noisy).

The problem is that from 1PM to 2PM the event is repeated (even though I didn't set any repetition in Llama).
So during the lunch time I can hear many times the notification alert, because the action "Play a sound" gets constantly repeated. Indeed in the Events history I can read that the event has been repeated about every 2 minutes.

This is valid for each of the events created in Llama.

Please, how to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance :)

Hello, Francesco.

Do you have other conditions to the event besides time from 1pm to 2pm?
If so, the event is triggered every time other conditions are met between 1pm and 2pm.
The easiest way to make it happen only once at 1pm is to get rid of all other conditions to the event.
Plus, if you want the event triggered at 1pm and at 1pm only, you don't need to set a 1-hour window (1pm to 2pm).
You can change that to something like from 1pm to 1:01pm.

Francesco Gorreri

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello buggy_droid
thanks for your reply :)
Actually yes, I have other conditions to make Llama aware that I'm at work.
Sometimes I could be travelling, so in those cases I don't want to set any profile from 1PM to 2PM.
I'll try to set an event to recognize that I'm at work (in office, Silent Profile) with conditions based on cells and timing from 8AM to 1PM OR from 2PM to 5PM.
Then, I will set the event "Canteen" with same conditions, but timing just from 1:00 to 1:01 PM to trigger the Loud Profile.
You're right, it should work well. I'll let you know after lunch :)

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello buggy_droid
thanks for your reply :)
Actually yes, I have other conditions to make Llama aware that I'm at work.
Sometimes I could be travelling, so in those cases I don't want to set any profile from 1PM to 2PM.
I'll try to set an event to recognize that I'm at work (in office, Silent Profile) with conditions based on cells and timing from 8AM to 1PM OR from 2PM to 5PM.
Then, I will set the event "Canteen" with same conditions, but timing just from 1:00 to 1:01 PM to trigger the Loud Profile.
You're right, it should work well. I'll let you know after lunch :)

Considering your "loud" event triggers multiple times (that means your phone is in and out of "work" are between 1pm and 2pm), your phone could happen to be out of your "work" area (even if you are physically there) during the narrow window of 1 to 1:01pm. When that happens, your event never triggers for that day.

Alternatively, you can add the following to your existing event (with your original one-hour window);
Condition: when variable "profile" does not have a value "loud".
Action: set variable "profile" to "loud".

The above will prevent the same "loud" event from triggering while your "profile" is already "loud".
You need to set the variable "profile" to "silent" at 8am, too so that your "loud" event triggers at 1pm.
At 2pm, you can set "profile" to "silent" again, although you don't really have to if you don't use the variable for anything else.

kingb71

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, have been using Llama for about 3 years. I recently switched phones, from a Galaxy S4 to an LG G4. I'm also now on Android ver. 6.0.
I copied my settings over to the new phone, but Llama just doesn't seem to work on a regular basis.
Simple things like time based actions, like "turn phone to silent at 22.00" just don't seem to work, where on my previous phone it worked flawlessly.

I'm sensing there's an issue with Android 6.0 somehow and possibly the doze mode built into the OS?
Has anybody else noticed this?

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, have been using Llama for about 3 years. I recently switched phones, from a Galaxy S4 to an LG G4. I'm also now on Android ver. 6.0.
I copied my settings over to the new phone, but Llama just doesn't seem to work on a regular basis.
Simple things like time based actions, like "turn phone to silent at 22.00" just don't seem to work, where on my previous phone it worked flawlessly.

I'm sensing there's an issue with Android 6.0 somehow and possibly the doze mode built into the OS?

I also switched from a Galaxy (S3) to the G4, now on Marshmallow. I'm sorry to say that most of the functionality I'd come to rely on in Llama expired with the upgrade. I've had to switch to Tasker, which is much more powerful and commensurately complicated. Because the "programing" used to make the apps work is different, there was a lot to learn. And being unable to root the G4 leaves out some key functions, like toggling the GPS or NFC, but overall, I'm happy with Tasker.

SJBBF

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using llama on my S6 and I love it. The only issue I have is I've set it to launch either Waze or Maps app. They launch fine when I leave home, and seem to be visually navigating fine, but I get no audio voice on either, yet other audio notifications work. Is this a cell tower vs GPS issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried the latest version from the developer Web page... It includes some fixes for lollipop...

Last edited:

dadep

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I have the following problem:
my smartphone was repaired and the lab done a factory reset without informing me of this. I haven't a backup and now I dont' remember how my llama profile was configured.
I need one profile that:

When I'm outdoor (no at home and no at work zones)
switch off wifi (this is simple)
every 10 minutes
switch bluetooth on
check if "my car bluetooth" is on and connect to it --> ELSE switch bluetooth off
when disconnected from "my car bluetooth" (leaving the car) switch bluetooth off
switch mobile data on for 1 minutes --> THEN switch mobile data off

Does anyone can help me, or pointing me to any post with similar examples ?

many thanks
Davide