Facebook App Notifications Multiplied

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is anyone else having problems this morning with multiplied notifcations from the Facebook app?

My phone's going crazy! Whenever I get one comment, the notification comes through SEVEN times in a row!!! I had to turn off sound not to drive anyone mad at work...
It's just one comment, 'one' notification, but the counter (in NoLED) says I have seven notifications from Facebook and sound/vibration does seem to be running seven times whenever I get that.

anyone else having this issue? It was working fine yesterday...

heckyhec5881

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here, its the same notification but goes off so many times in a row its like my EVO became epileptic. Happened about a week ago for me too. Just woke up in the morning and it was bugging out! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, fixed permissions, even reverted to an older apk but nothing, I didn't have a titanium back up of the app so I dunno. Been looking everywhere to find a ssolution and I sent two bug reports to Facebook. Also with mine at certain locations it wont allow to post to walls or update my status unless I remove my location or intentionally do a check in at home or an establishment. Just started happening out of no where! Anyone have any idea how to fix this?????

heckyhec5881

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I continue to search and search, but I guess this issue only happens to a select few..... And I, unfortunately, just happen, to be, on of them. :banghead:

Sent from my MiKinized SuprEVO

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know, I've been searching the net and only a few posts in forums like this one pop up... As you, I've sent Facebook a couple of bug notifications but I doubt they'll ever respond... :( It does seem to be happening to only a few, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the app itself but something that goes awry on their back-end (no pun intended).

So, for the sake of 'just ruling things out'... what other variables do you guys have? I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2, using Facebook and FriendCaster pro (on the same phone and with the same account), using NoLED for notification display (that's how I know my phone goes off seven times with each Facebook notification)... it only happens SOMETIMES, it only happens with Facebook notifications (FriendCaster's seem to be unaffected).

heckyhec5881

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here just got got friendcaster pro yesterday, not as instant as I would like it to be but better than a psycho phone. I'm on an EVO 4G. I am using light Flo to take advantage of the wimax led that sprint never took advantage of, mainly because I will never have 4g in this neighborhood. I dunno what else to try. Friendcaster polls the site for you, so you wouldn't get 7 notifications from them, they just check to see what's different on your notifications from the last refresh which is about every five mins I think. Definitely something more to do with their push servers. sometimes I will get a bunch of em, and check it and still get one more notification. Really odd

Sent from my MiKinized SuprEVO

heckyhec5881

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
You know you can alway just download the Blackberry Smartphone Device Simulator, its a developers tool to test BB apps, you can even choose what device to emulate and which carrier software also. So if there is a certain model or carrier you're accustomed to you may use that particular one... Just sayin

Heres a link

BlackBerry - Smartphone Simulators