Question Facebook glitch

Mikman

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
Hello! Im unsure if this is the right place to ask, but i am having a problem with the facebook app on my samsung s21+. Everytime i click into the comment section of a facebook post, it opens it with my comment box to write a comment, as standard on facebook. When i try to click return/back button, i have to click it three times for it to close so i can only view the comments. And for each click of the return button, the screen jumps down the comment section. I have tried to restart my phone, delete and reinstall facebook and deleted the cache for the app, but nothing resolves it. It is driving me crazy. Any help appreciated.

Here is a screen recording of the issue:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Facebook has historically been one of the buggiest apps on Android, so it might just be par for the course.

You mentioned clearing the app cache, but did you also clear the app data? You'd have to sign back into your Facebook account afterwards, but that should be pretty quick.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Mikman

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Facebook has historically been one of the buggiest apps on Android, so it might just be par for the course.

You mentioned clearing the app cache, but did you also clear the app data? You'd have to sign back into your Facebook account afterwards, but that should be pretty quick.
Thank you 😁

I just tried to clear both app data and cache/buffer, did not work. First post i viewed after logging in - still the same.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, sometimes an update to Android System Webview can cause glitches on certain apps or on certain devices. Try uninstalling updates to this app. Search for Android System Webview in the Play Store app, and tap Uninstall from there (you might not be able to uninstall updates from the Settings>Apps menu). If Facebook does work after you uninstall updates, then send feedback to Google and to Facebook about the glitch with the current update.

Mikman

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
Ok, sometimes an update to Android System Webview can cause glitches on certain apps or on certain devices. Try uninstalling updates to this app. Search for Android System Webview in the Play Store app, and tap Uninstall from there (you might not be able to uninstall updates from the Settings>Apps menu). If Facebook does work after you uninstall updates, then send feedback to Google and to Facebook about the glitch with the current update.
I can only find the option to uninstall the app itself, how do i only uninstall updates?

Mikman

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
Sorry! I found the option to uninstall updates after googling it. I uninstalled, restarted facebook, still nothing. I restarted the phone just for fun, Still nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like yet another Facebook glitch. Make sure to send feedback to Meta, and sit tight and wait for the next update.

You're not on the Beta version of Facebook, right? If you are, you could try leaving Beta, in case the glitchiness is specific to the Beta version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter