Memento

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android (as of today, with the Evo) and one of the first apps I tried was a database called Memento. It's supposed to import csv files, but I can't find any way to do that.

Is there a secret HELP button somewhere I don't know about -- that will give me instructions? Or a secret button to get drop down menus? Even at the author's website I can't find any instructions on how to do things.

Anyone used this and can help?

snorkelman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Memento looks in SDcard/Memento for .csv files - you'll only get that option inside a memento 'library' (database)

create a new custom library
populate it with the fields you want
save it
'add an entry' to it so you have one record for that database fill out your fields and choose create to save that record

hit the menu button on your phone
hit more..
choose Import Export from the list

export your csv file

use its field order as the template for any csv you want to create for that database

copy your new csv over to the memento directory on your SD card
start memento
choose your database
hit menu, choose more, pick Import export and once in there choose the import csv option. your new CSV file should be listed as one of the files that can be imported

voila you (should) be done

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
copy your new csv over to the memento directory on your SD card

Thanks... this is starting to make sense!!!

But to copy it to the momento directory I need to connect the phone to the computer that doesn't work yet. I plug it in the USB (laptop with XP Pro), select mount drive, a Drive E comes up in Windows Explorer but when I click on drive E I'm asked to insert a disk in drive E.

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I discovered the problem. You have to actually press DONE after you select Mount as disk drive!!! (Duh!!)

Got it going just fine now.

Once I had access to the drive on the computer, getting Memento going was no problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa