Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
remember to remove both Swype AND the Swype Installer then start from the begining - that's what I did on my friends Moto Droid before it finally worked

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Getting that random problem again where I can't swype words but I can tap them in. It seems like if I deactivate Swype for a little while and then reactivate it, it'll work again. I couldn't find a feedback section on the Swype website :(

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset, now when I try to reinstall swype it says the ID doesnt match, Im going through Swype withdrawl, Swype themselves have been no help what so ever

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't reinstall it through a backup, you have to redownload the Swype Downloader and let it reinstall it for you. But remember guys everything doesn't work perfectly for everyone and a support system is not in place that's why it's called a beta.

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have Swype last few weeks and i love it. One thing arises though that it sometimes swype and i have to input everything one by one. Not sure why this happens, does this happen to anyone else?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Getting that random problem again where I can't swype words but I can tap them in. It seems like if I deactivate Swype for a little while and then reactivate it, it'll work again. I couldn't find a feedback section on the Swype website :(

i had this problem too. what you need to do is switch the input method to a different keyboard and then switch it back to swype and it should work. it worked for me.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
i had this problem too. what you need to do is switch the input method to a different keyboard and then switch it back to swype and it should work. it worked for me.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I can't wait for the finished version.

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Space when changing words in Swype

Does anyone know why, when highlighting, then changing a word in Swype, does it aways add an extra space whether you've hit the space button or not?
HTC Hero, BTW.

schultepk

May 21, 2010
Visit site
swype install

I can not get my swype to update. It says it is not the device that it was originally installed on.

Does anyone have the install file or something? I can't live without my swype.

schultepk

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i've tried both now to no avail.

The first install goes fine, but when i swype it doesnt pick up anything and a blue box around the keyboard, the second install said my trial has ended.

Any ideas?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i've tried both now to no avail.

The first install goes fine, but when i swype it doesnt pick up anything and a blue box around the keyboard, the second install said my trial has ended.

Any ideas?

Did you go on to the Swype site and get the new invite. Sign into your account and and resend invitation to your phone. Download new version.

schultepk

May 21, 2010
Visit site
This first started when I turned phone off and then back on. Brilliant me, I decide to turn it off and back on again and bingo! Swype! Thanks! lol

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
guys please don't post links to other sites to download the swype apk. these are technically warez even though the app is free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89