Google Play Music Syncing problem (Genres)

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My playlists from google music sync well.

But I want to edit genres because for example for "Hip Hop" I have (1.hip hop, 2.hip hop;rap,3. hip hop/r&b,4. hip hop/rap,5. hip-hop,6. hip-hop & rap,7. hip-hop/dance,8. hip-hop/rap)

Thats 8 different iterations of the Hip-Hop genre. (Its the same for other genres as well) I've managed to combine the genres online and make it a lot more organized, the genres went from 90+ different genres to about 40 or so. Which helps a lot.

The problem here is, when I go to the app on my phone, I still see ALL of the old genres from before.

It doesn't matter how many times I refresh. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and going to "Accounts and Sync" and syncing. But still nothing. Is there a way to fix this?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately no, I actually permanently deleted everything from my google music library. Then organized my entire library, added album art to about 95% of my library, tagged everything. And then I uploaded to google music. And still the genres were messed up.

I had to go back and meticulously change every songs genre. I've deleted my google music library again, and I'm gonna try and re-upload it once more. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm. I'll let you know how it goes.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got around to doing this, and going and changing the genres by hand. It worked for the most part. It did change/add a couple of genres for some reason, even though the original file has a different name for the genre. But I managed to work my way down to just 36 genres, instead of 90+. And it is so much more organized.

I did encounter a problem though, the music manager said "Uploaded 1890 songs" and it actually says there is 2780 songs. So there are almost 900 duplicates, which is very annoying.

The "duplicates" are non-playable, and I try to remove them it deletes both the "duplicate" AND the actual song.

Update: Just went to settings and hit refresh and the duplicates were removed.

Also, for those who don't know. The options menu is top right, under the wrench (if using Chrome). Thats where you can permanently delete your entire library.

My next step, is trying to figure out how to upload playlists.