Facebook Sync on Ally?

Lovely3800

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a droid and my friend just got an LG Ally, and she asked me how to sync her facebook account with her gmail contacts. However, when i explain to go to settings in facebook and account sync, she doesnt have that option. Why would they be any different and does anyone know if or how you are able to sync your contacts with facebook on the Ally?

Lovely3800

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help... The facebook app was installed and the settings that i spoke of in the original question are settings in the facebook app. I have had her uninstall and reinstall the app with no luck, still isnt giving her the option in settings to sync..

Thornbird

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
RE: Facebook/Ally

I have an Ally also. She needs to be sure she has the most up to date Facebook for Android (not a generic one for mobile). She can get it at the APP Market or from Facebook. When she opens the app, while still on the opening page, she needs to press the menu button on her phone this will bring up the settings option. Then she can choose all her settings, including which contacts to sync, all or only those on her existing contact list. Hope this helps - just recently figured it out myself :)

deputyo

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Facebook app for Android on my HTC EVO will not link to my contacts...My EVO charge port broke and Sprint replaced my EVO under HTC's warranty as a manufactures defect. I got the new phone in today and was setting it up and it will not link with my contacts. After searching the web it looks as if this just started happening i9n the past 48 hours so who knows why or what caused this....any thoughts?