LogMeIn Ignition now available for $30...is it worth it?

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I saw that LogMeIn has now released their 'Ignition' client for Android. As with most other platforms they are charging $30 for the app. Is anyone using it, and is it worth the $30?

LMI.jpg

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
there is always a free alternative to most apps...most are better anyways

Such as? Or are you just making a generic statement regarding free vs. paid apps?

I have not yet used any of the VNC apps, although I have searched the market and many have mixed reviews. So if you have one to recommend can you list it please.

Last edited:

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Such as? Or are you just making a generic statement regarding free vs. paid apps?

I have not yet used any of the VNC apps, although I have searched the market and many have mixed reviews. So if you have one to recommend can you list it please.

Touchdown vs K-9 Mail

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I use it occasionally on the iPad and love it, when I had an iPhone too, I was able to use it on there (and didn't have to pay for a separate version, as it was coded to work on both).

It's definitely worth it, though I haven't yet decided whether I want to pony up 30 bucks again for the android version. I'd just assume bridge the Internet connection to my iPad if I needed to remote my computers. There might be a case when I'll not have anything buy my phone on me, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it (I can always just download it then)

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I used it on the iPhone, but while waiting for this to come out for the Droid, I tried PhoneMyPC which I actually like better and only costs 10 bucks.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've used LogMeIn via the browser for years and they definitely have a great service. I have no doubt that the Ignition app works well too.

However, $30 is just too steep a price for me. I've been happy with PhoneMyPc since I've had my Droid. It's in the Market and is 1/3 the price of LMI.

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Get phonemypc over this. Its 9.99 while in Beta. I've had it for months and it works great. They are going to be supporting sound as well soon. No way I would pay 30 for that app.

nttdemented

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If it works as good as the iPhone/iPad versions it will be WELL worth the $30 if you manage various LogMeIn accounts like I do.

I use LogMeIn in all my clients for IT support so here goes my credit card! Thanks for the heads up!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, the 9.99 for PhoneMyPC is well worth it for the average user. I've tried both and prefer PhoneMyPC. LogMeIn is easier to set up and manage though and probably the better bet if you're in a corporate setting as you won't have to play around with the firewall, etc.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
for those using the logmein, I am having a very difficult time using the mouse on the remote computers. How do you do this? I have several remote computers to take care of, that logmein is set up on, and would like to keep this.

Nothing happens when I try to single and double tap for the mouse click.

Thanks.

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I would have to also go with PhoneMyPC. I mod on another site and when I need to close threads and/or move stuff around I can access all of my options directly from my device. The $9.99 price tag doesn't hurt either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress